Got Me Some Green Lasers

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
I drove 104 miles today to collect 7 wild caught adult green lasers...which apparently have been laying eggs...but no signs of the eggs hatching.

He keeps discus and he says the temperature never gets below 26 degrees.

Anyway i'm hoping for a better outcome, their tank is set on 22 degrees and they have been quite active since they went in,although a little skittish when i put the lights on earlier...hopefully they'll settle down :)

Here's a few quick pics and video - although has i said bit skittish,kicking the sand up,especially the youngsters in the other side of the tank has dog was bouncing a ball on the laminated flooring at the exact moment!!!

greenlasercories009_zps17cfc3e9.jpg

greenlasercories004_zps2bae3d8b.jpg

Click onto 2 bottom pics for video's :)

Video taken a few weeks ago of the bronze youngsters shoaling :wub: including an oto joining in :lol:

I am so jealous :fun: Congratulations!!!
Please sell me some when you get the babies growing :*

Will do hun :)

Just off to do a w/c :hey: :lol:

Apparently they laid eggs about 10 days ago...

They look like a bunch of chunky boys and girls :lol:

I was a bit concerned they were ignoring the food i put in, seemed more interested in chasing each other around,so i texted the chap i got them from and he said they rarely ate dried food,but loved blood worm and artemia so just put some bloodworm in also... theys a-munching :lol:

harlquinns how good to see you again i havent spoke to you in 2 years :eek: good to see your still busy with corys may i say those green lasers are amazing how are the other coryies getting on 2 years along time must have alot to talk about lol

talk soon

jordan

Hiya :)

All cories are chugging along - lost a few back in the summer but think it was mainly due to the sweltering weather we had the tanks kept hitting 30-32 degrees - not so good and couldn't get the temps down... :sad:

I'm hoping the new green lasers will breed soon :)

List of corys up to date are :
15 Pandas (incl offspring)
14 Trilineatus(incl offspring)
3 Gold Lasers
5 Black schultzi
5 skunks
6 metaes
3 Adolfis
3 Albinos
2 Bronze (offspring 18 months old) & 3 long fin bronze in separate tank.
5 pygmys
5 blacksail
6 peppered (3 high fin)
& 35 albino & bronze Youngsters around 5-6 months old now
7 Green laser cories
3 Aggassiz'

So just a couple of corys :rolleyes: :lol:

Well the greens seem to have settled in and are chilling too much... so cold water change and bloodworm coming up :lol:

Very nice! Laser cories (probably gold, but maybe green) were on my list of cories I want to keep (after Sterbai, which are my next goal once I've bred trilineatus a few times) and my girlfriend has been obsessing over green lasers.

How much did you pay for them?

Also, I've heard from an LFS that green lasers are having import problems, so there's a shortage of them right now. Do you know anything about this?

Be sure to post on any breeding info for these you can get! I've heard they're difficult to breed (for corydoras.)

A good price of £70 (plus £30 fuel) - good price really has rare aquatics were selling them for £22.50 each!!! and Maidenhead when they do get them in sell them for £35 each :S

But yes they are hard to get hold of that why i travelled to buy these from a private seller...

Matt - a member on here has sucessfully bred them in the past,so anything is possible.

So here's hoping :)

These shoaling bronze babies are lovely :hyper: Mine will shoal very rarely when I siphon water out during water change and have stopped all filters :)

Why would be the green lasers more difficult to breed? Does it apply to the green lasers only, or to the gold lasers too :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back