Got Me Some Corys

jkrekord

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
814
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
hi
well just got back from an lfs and whilst i was there my dad bought an all white goldfish for his pond an i bought 3 corys 2 albinos and a peppered hopefuly they should go together as a group they are only tiny at the moment just thought i would post it
 
when you keep corys it is best to have at least 5 of a kind, some people say 3 but I have kept many over the years...
 
when you keep corys it is best to have at least 5 of a kind, some people say 3 but I have kept many over the years...


great advice

i used to have a group of around 25 cories adn they looked great together, the more there are the more active and happier they are.

:good:
 
yeah your proabaly right but they only sold them as a variety there so it was just random which ones i got and as for keeping them in 5s i heard 3 was the minimum but i agree the more the merrier lol
 
I love corys, I have 5 peppered in my 55G 5 albino in my platty fry tank which are babies themselves and I mean tiny babies. when they grow I will be putting them in my 55G. I wish I could have them in my Malawi tank but I wouldnt chance it but I have always said at least 5. I used to have 3 peppered and you never saw them, I added 2 more and they are always out and about.
 
I have 3 albino corys and they're really, really active. Always swimming. It all depends on the environment and their temperment.

Some say groups of 5, some say 3. But obviously the more the merrier (I can only hold 3 in my tank, so.. :) )

Up and down the glass, up and down the glass... they never stop, even when the light's off. Makes me wonder how they survive!
 
i thought all corys school with each other?

I used to think the same but it doesnt happen. I have at the moment 5 peppered and 6 bronze in my tank (the bronze arnt mine I have homed them untill my friends tank stops leaking) and they they been together for 2 weeks now but they dont school together at all. I have noticed over the years even with 1 of one and 2 of the other they wont really interact that much.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top