Good Luck, East Coast

Well, I somehow still miraculously have power. But because of the jetstream and the incoming cold system, Sandy has again shifted. We will be getting another smacking of high speed winds that will hit by 2am in the morning. It's really bad outside, and the worst thing is I can't see anything because it's pitch black...

Also, apparently, there has been a building collapes in New York City. :crazy:

For those of you abroad and across the Rockies, here's what everyone in the Northeast is going through

We've had some flickering, at one point we thought the power was out for good, but it came back on. My In-laws are in Far Rockaway, and they lost power not too long ago.

The building across from us also lost power.

Stay safe, people.

Lost power at work, wind is around 70-80km/h atm and we're just on the edge of it still in Ontario

Off to do my paper route with crazy winds, neerly freezing temperature and heavy rain. Wish me luck here in pa on the ny border, I'll be drivin around with my window down all night. It's gonna be a wet one!

I know their are a lot of others that have it worse off, so stay safe!

Power has been out for a few hours, finally let to go home from work. Thankfully my filters are canisters so the media will be wet but no more heaters T.T hopefully we get power back by morning will have to wait and see...

I can't believe it, but my building made it through the night with power. I was convinced I would wake up to the kids screaming because their noise machine and nightlight had turned off :crazy:

I hope everyone else is well, and that all your pets are (and continue to be) as well!

I lost power last night...for a good 10 seconds, then it popped back on.

For once, I was lucky. New York City, however, was not.

16ft surge swamped most of it, there was a fire in Queens that destroyed 100 homes, a crane collapsed, a building collapsed, a 170ft tanker ran aground, and the subways are flooded...

I didn't lose power either. But my aunt (she lives in Potomac, too) has a lot of trees in her area, and one of them fell on her house... no one was hurt though.

That's terrible! I hope she has a tarp set up, or her house is going to get all wet and moldy :sick:

Yeah, and it's still raining too so all the water is getting in :/ I think they're trying to move the tree first though.

our rescue forums are getting several recovered pets posted up, cats dogs ect all found in the aftermath, if anyone on here hears of a lost pet let me know i can give contact details

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back