Good For Kids?

id get a betta and shrimp tank :wub:

would be low maintenance! especially if its planted :)
 
No the shrimp would be much more interesting if chosen well. I would think one has guppy males other has endler males and its nice and simple perhaps an ADF and some shrimp.
 
LOL thanks guys so much! I would love to get them a betta...hmmm will see what me sister thinks of the girls sharing and having a shrimp in the tank as a companion... my betta has been amazing and think it may be more personable for the kids, it is just a case of whether they would share.

Oh I also have a nephew of one and a half but he likes to look and point and say "ffffiiiisssshhhhhhiiieee!" so he won't be much of a problem except an admirer :)
 
If you want bettas, you could get 2 females, and maybe some cherry shrimp. Make sure the tank is planted well and there are places for them to find their own turf.
 
now why did I not think of pretty pink, blue and purple female bettas that I have seen! doh! that is an extremely good idea as well!

right sis:

male guppies or
one male betta or
two female bettas

possibility of shrimp , maybe endlers with the gups

doh can't ring her house yet as kids in bed will await till tomorrow!
 
And since they are girls they think males have "coodies" so I personally think that they will like a female animal more than a male. When I was a little kid, I wanted a male pet over a female. Kinda sexist, I know, but we were all like that at one time.
 
LOL! How very very true! I wanted white anything female! White pony, white bunny, white hammy (only got the hammy had to be female ;))
 
wellll...my first hammy was not as he defiantely had certain "qualities" about him. My second white hammy (remember I was a kid!) was as far as I was concerned female (who knows!) LOL. Of course top of my list was a unicorn but no one ever got me one! ;)
 
Well just to revive this a little I have decided to give my sister one of my tanks with the four guppies as a starter and add fish that the kids pick (with guidance). It is a 14g and she will be discussing with partner tonight :)
 
Cool, always good to recruit younger members into the joys of fish keeping.
I would also have a llok at Paradise Fish, as they do not require a heater and are very Low Maintenance
 
I think a tank of female Betta's would be a lovely idea, I think it is recommended to have 5 to spread any aggression & avoid bullying, you can get some really pretty females. Depending on the tank size, they could also have some shrimp or a small group of Cory's
 
thanks guys! paradise fish? hmm off to have a look.

Will probably hear from sister on Sunday, so fingers crossed all goes well :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top