Good evening an Hello

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Charlies1dad

Reaction score
Hello......

I have been an aquarist for several years now. All freshwater for now. I have a 75 gal community tank, 75 gallon fancy golds, a 55 gallon SA cichlids tank, a 36 gal bow for Mac an Donald, the Oscars, and another 36 bow for my Electric blue Jack dempsey...Captain Crackers.

My next move is to start some scaping with some live plants.

I am open to any an all suggestions.

Looking forward to the forum!!!

Charlies1dad in Central NC

:hi:Hope you enter one of your tanks in our November Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger.

Last edited:
:hi:

Hello and welcome to TFF.
As you may have gathered, we are a bit of a nosey hunch and love seeing photos of folks tanks and fish!

You have quite a few decent sized tanks with a variety of stocking, nice:good:

There are quite a few different options of plants snd it depends on what you’d like to do. For 75gal tanks, giant vals might be nice, Amazon sword plants (Echinodorus bleherae) which can grow quite large would look good as a centre piece plant, cryptocoryne plants, lots of varieties of those in all sorts of shapes and sizes, one of my personal favourites would look great in large tanks which is Cryptocoryne crispatula, also known as Balansae plant, and another similar plant but nicer imho Crinum calamistratum which has very long, thin leaves with ruffled edges and short stems, would look great in the background, or sides of the aquarium, or use it as a focal point in the larger aquarium, small anubias on nice pieces of bogwood make for nice foreground plants, lots of choices really!

These are all pretty easy to care for plants meaning you won’t need C02 or fancy lights and those plants are fairly easy to find, root tabs ferts are a must if you get swords and cryptocorynes as they are heavy root feeders, and liquid fert once or twice weekly would be perfect to have some lush plants.

As a general rule, any plants with really fine leaves or red leaved plants or sold as grasses tend to be plants that are higher demanding plants which usually need at least high intensity lights and perhaps a C02 set up as well. If you want to venture into this, a ton of research is a must as it’s fairly complicated in order not to have algae outbreaks but extremely rewarding if you get it right.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

I would love to see pictures! As @Fishmanic said, you can enter your tank in the November TOTM contest. If you won, you could win a cool banner like mine! :fish:

Welcome to TFF.
If you have a minute, we'd appreciate your casting a vote in our Fish of the Month contest. To go to the poll, just click THIS LINK
Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back