Gone For 2 Weeks.

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Hey, Im leaving next sat. to work at a Church Camp for 2 weeks. But, I honestly dont trust any of my brothers and sisters to remeber to feed them, or how much. My dad is always at work, and my mom wouldnt do it. Here is my stocking(s):

30g:
6 Labs in it

30g:
breeding pair of Bristlenosed Plecos and about 20 inch long fry

20g flat hex:
Holding Female Lab( looks ready to spit in the next 2 weeks)

Now, would theese fish be able to go without food for 2 weeks? I know the lab can, but what If she spits? She will be very hungry, and might eat the fry. The fry need food also. The pleco's, that many in a 30g means almost no algae for them. THe other labs should be okay.

I was thinking the TetraMin Gel Blocks. I have used them before and they dont dissolve instantly and leave a mess, change the ph, or anything. What do you guys thnk?
 
Hey, Im leaving next sat. to work at a Church Camp for 2 weeks. But, I honestly dont trust any of my brothers and sisters to remeber to feed them, or how much. My dad is always at work, and my mom wouldnt do it. Here is my stocking(s):

30g:
6 Labs in it

30g:
breeding pair of Bristlenosed Plecos and about 20 inch long fry

20g flat hex:
Holding Female Lab( looks ready to spit in the next 2 weeks)

Now, would theese fish be able to go without food for 2 weeks? I know the lab can, but what If she spits? She will be very hungry, and might eat the fry. The fry need food also. The pleco's, that many in a 30g means almost no algae for them. THe other labs should be okay.

I was thinking the TetraMin Gel Blocks. I have used them before and they dont dissolve instantly and leave a mess, change the ph, or anything. What do you guys thnk?

Unless you have somebody reliable to feed them, dont bother. Keep the lights off and do a water change before leaving. The fry will be an issue if you have no food for them once they are released by the mother. Dont use the food block, they will only foul your water.
 
The TetraMin Gel Block doesnt work the same way as regular ones do. The fish have to pick at the food that's suspended in the gel.
 
try and get someone to do it for you, but show them how much first :P

or buy an auto feeder?
 
i was gonna say auto feeder and just get someone to pop round every couple of days just before it feeds just to see if it still working and to maybe fill it up for you mate
 
I've decided what I'm going to do. I cannot buy feeders since I'd need too, and I'm a 15 yr old. Next week I'm going to have to strip the female, and feeder her up till I leave. I bought a feeder block for the fry she has. I'm doing large water changes before I leave. I will have my dad feed the plecos algae wafers and hope be remebers. It's not the best plan. But it's what I think the best thing to do is.
 
Rather than using a feeder block, you just as well put a gob of flakes in before you leave. The fish will have any type feeder block, gel or otherwise, eaten up within 24 hours of the time you put it in there. Give it a try. Buy one now, put it in and see how long it lasts. Oldman47 recently did that. See thread below, post 4.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=276387
 
Well, I'm assuming there are about 20 fry. They cant be very big either. Most they could possibly do is just peck at it, its a good sized feeding gel. Honestly I dont see any other alturnative. I will call home every couple days, and have someone walk intot eh fish rooms and see whats up, but that's all I've got.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top