Goldfish

goldene

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, My husband has just bought me a new fish tank :D Iv got a 48x12x15 but with having goldfish who grow and grow Iv always wanted a larger one, so when we saw this tank I fell in love with it, :wub: Its 150x50x70 (cannot do it in inches) it takes some getting use to, the only way I can describe it is its like a living picture 8) the fish think they are in heaven or on holiday with so much space to swim, any of you got simular we can swop photos. I will post one later.

Congradulations on getting the new tank, goldene. It must be heaven for your goldfish. :thumbs:

Do you have it set up with gravel and plants? :unsure:

Great to hear it goldene. I originally had an idea for rasing goldfish until huge, but tropical tanks intrigued me too much. :/

Hi Inchworm, I did have graval in my 4ft tank but decided to go with sand in the new one, it took the fish awhile to get use to getting a mouthful of sand when grubbing about :p but they soon got use to it and are fine now, yes I have plants as well mainly silk ones 'as you know Inworm goldfish demolish live plants' but I also have a few real ones 'fingers crossed' see how they go on.
Eelzer, I have a soft spot for goldfish as they have their own personality, although tropical fish are very colourful and nice, I have never kept them, but now I have a spare 4ft tank I am trying to convince my husband to get some, he's got his computers, I like my fish so watch this space :lol:

Hi goldene :)

I see you have a loach. He's in with the goldfish, then? I have a couple of weather loaches that, until recently, were in with my goldfish. Loaches make great companion fish to goldies because of the contrast in shape and color.

I also had African Clawed Frogs in the tank until the goldfish got so big that they were getting all the food before the frogs could get any. That worked out well, too, for quite a while.

I have recently given many of my goldfish away so that I could use my 55 gallon tank for tropicals again. (I NEED the space!) Now the remaining ones are sick and I don't think they'll make it. :-(

But, the goldies do have such great personality that I know I'll get some more, even if it's only one or two in a smaller tank!

Hi Inchworm :) yes I have a hillstream -bornio- loach I think :unsure: it is only tiny and usually hides, but I do get to see it at least a couple of times a day, it gave me such a fright as I had not seen it at all yesterday and no sign of it this mornig, I thought oh no the goldfish must have eaten it :sick: then just when I was talking to it saying were are you it showed itself :thumbs: Im sure it can hear me :lol: anyway what a relief :D Its sad you had to give your goldfish away I dont think Id have the heart to, hope the rest do make it also Iv never kept frogs You will have to tell me what they are like to keep etc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back