Gold Ram Covered In White Spots

Yes, put them back in; as Tizer says they're just black not carbon. Are they cycled though? Rams are very sensitive to water quality; you really need to get some mature media running in that tank, ASAP.

If you've got mature sponges or ceramic rings in another tank, you can make a little box filter using an old coke bottle or something like that and run it off your air pump..

Put them back in !"! do eeeeeeeeet naaaaoooooooooooooo :Z bubble bubble bubble, *parp* can i go home yet? Its Friday and i'm still in the office :< BEER REQUIRED !

Oh, and i want to setup my new Aquamanta tank for my shellies :D

Yes, put them back in; as Tizer says they're just black not carbon. Are they cycled though? Rams are very sensitive to water quality; you really need to get some mature media running in that tank, ASAP.

If you've got mature sponges or ceramic rings in another tank, you can make a little box filter using an old coke bottle or something like that and run it off your air pump..

There back in, If you read the first page it will explain why they had to be put in this tank in the first place, I did a test earlier today and everything was fine (test results on page 1) I have just done a 80% about an hour ago before adding meds to remove the salt I added after being advised rams are sensitive to it. I feel really bad about putting them through all this, but I am trying my best to sort it out.

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that pic of the filter. Must be not enough coffee yet! I've used them and as fluttermoth said, they are just black sponges, not carbon.How well do those work for you? I had problems with them plugging up on me. I use the Lee corner sponge filters. They seem to be working good for me.

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that pic of the filter. Must be not enough coffee yet! I've used them and as fluttermoth said, they are just black sponges, not carbon.How well do those work for you? I had problems with them plugging up on me. I use the Lee corner sponge filters. They seem to be working good for me.

They have worked really well for me, I used to use 2 in my discus fry tank and the water stayed perfect.

I bought 6 of them when I set up my fishroom and every one of them quit working for me around week 2. The sponge didn't plug up. where you attach the airline tube did. glad you are having great success with them. Maybe I got a defective batch.

And Tizer, as far as I'm concerned, it's quiting time! Go get a beer and set up that tank! If the boss won't let you go, get sick really quick!

No sign of improvment, one of the other rams has white spots to. I am going down to my lps today and I will buy some fake plants to put in there to help destress them. I will see if they have anything for ich.

ram.png

it can take weeks for the parasite to actually fall off the fish, nowt will happen over night.

So I should keep adding the meds every 24 hours ?
Should I do water changes as normal ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back