Gold Jardini Arowana Won'T Eat, Any Suggestions?

ranhi3

New Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My beautiful gold jardini arowana will not eat. I have tried feeding him dried krill, cichlid pellets, shrimp pellets, and kelp pellets. I then gave up and put 5 feeder fish in the tank but he still does not seem to want them. Any suggestions? I bought him from a store that was feeding him live food. I would like to start getting him into the habit of not eating live food regularly and feed it to him more as a treat. Anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to get him to eat? And once he starts eating what i can do to get him to eat the pellets and krill?
 
Hi, what are your water stats in the tank?
Also tank size and filtration please?

Has it eaten since you purchased it?
 
davo's questions plus
how long have you had him?
how big is this aro?
it can take a while to ween fish onto pellets etc esp from live foods, persist,what i did to get my snakeheads onto prawns was loosly tie a prawn to fishing line and dangle it in tank, sat away from tank and wiggled line, after a while it worked and fish took the prawn<obviously i didnt use a hook,just tied it loosly around the tail of the prawn, maybe you could try some live freshwater feeder shrimp from lfs or live bloodworm
 

Most reactions

Back
Top