Going on vacation

Trop65

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 65 gallon, lightly stocked well established tank. No live plants.
I'll be going out of town for 3 days.
Will my fish be alright not being fed at all during that time or do I ask the cat sitter to feed them?
Thank you!

OP
Trop65

Trop65

Reaction score
...And hide the fish food, even after instructing your cat-sitter NOT to feed the fish. ;)
Good advice! Non fish keepers just don't understand.
I've heard if you are going to be gone for an extended period of time you can pre measure daily foods into a medication holder. The M-Sun. compartment type.
Thank you for the advice!

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 65 gallon, lightly stocked well established tank. No live plants.
I'll be going out of town for 3 days.
Will my fish be alright not being fed at all during that time or do I ask the cat sitter to feed them?
Thank you!
Saw little vacation/going away food containers at pet shops.
I’d ask the cat sitter. (Not the cat 😹😹😹)

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
In fairness I’d leave a cat for 3 days with a big meal lol it ain’t gonna die , fill your kitchen sink up with water n a load of cat biscuits on the side job done save some money on the cat sitter ahahah

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
In fairness I’d leave a cat for 3 days with a big meal lol it ain’t gonna die , fill your kitchen sink up with water n a load of cat biscuits on the side job done save some money on the cat sitter ahahah
Dang! May work if cats trained to use can openers & the toilet
😹😹😹

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Dang! May work if cats trained to use can openers & the toilet
😹😹😹
Big litter tray ahahah iv grew up with cats my mom breed pedigree cats when I was younger and they are wild constantly bringing birds and mice in the house poor chap next door owned pigeons he basically had a watch tower with a machine gun to protect his pigeons still to this day I go around my moms and the cats might as well have a flick knife , the things are wild in comparison to other domestic pets my dogs wouldn’t die after 12 hours without food but cats those things would survive a nuclear blast ahahah I honestly believe when the world ends it’s rats , cockroaches and cats left

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Yeah, but when I was babysitting my little nephew and left him alone for three days with a few bags of cookies, my sister didn’t speak to me for weeks.
Honestly that’s made me giggle . Il steal that one in the future ahahahah

Most reactions

trending

Staff online