Going On Holiday...

DanaLeChiffre

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dumbartonshire, West of Glasgow
Shalom,
I'm going on holiday soon for 2 weeks and I know fish can going a week without feeding and I can easily get my uncle to feed them once or twice a week.
BUT.....

I have real plants in my tank and so I need to make sure they get light, so I have been thinking... the left hand side of my tank faces out of my tank faces my window and it doesn't get direct sunlight. So could I just left my ligths off and hope that the light coming into my room will be enough?
 
Shalom,
I'm going on holiday soon for 2 weeks and I know fish can going a week without feeding and I can easily get my uncle to feed them once or twice a week.
BUT.....

I have real plants in my tank and so I need to make sure they get light, so I have been thinking... the left hand side of my tank faces out of my tank faces my window and it doesn't get direct sunlight. So could I just left my ligths off and hope that the light coming into my room will be enough?

get a timer for the plug for the lights - they work great and arent too expensive
cheap ones on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEMSON-24-hour-plug-...1QQcmdZViewItem

if you dont want to get an automatic feeder (which is what i use)
mine is nutrafin but heres a juwel one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-juwel-automatic...1QQcmdZViewItem

then just get your uncle to feed the fish twice a week and they'll be fine
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
you're very welcome have a nice holiday :)
i hope they were helpful and you cansort out something for your fish
 
If you only have the barbs in the tank then Id go for one of those "tropical fish" feeder blocks.

Not one of the white "holiday blocks" that dissolves but there are some jelly ones that the fish basically pick off.

This way you would be feeding the fish for the first week you are away and then they could have their "starve" week the week before you come home.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top