Going For 2" Per Gallon

As said above the inch per Gallon method is generally used with the US measurement.

Would personally still say that the stocking is fine :good:
 
yep all the fishkeeping guidelines used such as 1" per gallon and watts per gallon are based on US Gallons.

remember 1" per gallon is a guideline not a rule, and it's a limited guideline at that! I do recommend people use it but once your tank is mature and you know your stuff as a fishkeeper then 1.5" per gallon is definately safe and plenty of people go up to 2" without any troubles at all.
 
It's definetly possible to stock 2" per gallon. But not something you could do on all tank. My main concern is your Nitrate levels and how high they will get towards the end of the week. I have 57.5" of fish in my 55gal along with 2- 2 foot eels. However it is a densly planted tank with EI ferts and 50% water changes weekly. This helps keep the water quality spot on despite the large bioload.
 
I have more than 2" per gallon right now :shifty:.

That's including 2 BN's and a bigish gibbicep :blush: .

Though TBH I never bothered calculating till now.

Just though I'd say, since I don't drastically over filter (Fluval 305 and a powerhead on 190l) and do a 20% water change every 2-4 weeks.

If it wasn't for the fact that the gibbi is a bit cramped and is still going to grow, I don't think I'd need to upgrade tanks.
 
well on my old rekord 60 i had

2 german blue rams 6"
15 neon tetras 30"
6 sterbai cories 12"

total 48"

this is 3.4* (ish) the recommended level so i must have been at 3.4 inch per gallon running one juwel internal with no problems with water chemistry whatsoever
 
It's definetly possible to stock 2" per gallon. But not something you could do on all tank. My main concern is your Nitrate levels and how high they will get towards the end of the week. I have 57.5" of fish in my 55gal along with 2- 2 foot eels. However it is a densly planted tank with EI ferts and 50% water changes weekly. This helps keep the water quality spot on despite the large bioload.


my tank is quite heavily planted and the
nitrates from the tap are 10-20 then 1-2 days later they drop to 0 (36 hours after last water change tested and nitrates were down to 0)

i am only feeding with tetrapond plantamin was once a fortnight but that tank gets once a week now with water change




I have more than 2" per gallon right now :shifty:.

That's including 2 BN's and a bigish gibbicep :blush: .

Though TBH I never bothered calculating till now.

Just though I'd say, since I don't drastically over filter (Fluval 305 and a powerhead on 190l) and do a 20% water change every 2-4 weeks.

If it wasn't for the fact that the gibbi is a bit cramped and is still going to grow, I don't think I'd need to upgrade tanks.

i wasn't going to bother working it out , looking at the tank i didnt think i was anywhere near what i am :blush:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top