Going away for a few days need advise about platie fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Chris king

Reaction score
Hi Iā€™m going away for a few days and need some advice , itā€™s the first time Iā€™m leaving the tank for a few days without being able to check it and Iā€™m a little worried . The tank is a 200l with 7 adult platy and 5 adult molly also an albino bristle nose catfish. Whatā€™s also in the tank is some fry these are in breeder boxā€™s and there isnā€™t many, were talking about 6 fry. The tanks been set up for about 4 months now and everything seems fine with it so my question is iv done some research into auto feeders ect and iv had some advice from my LFS and they have said as itā€™s only 3 days just over feed the main tank and they will all be ok but as the fry need feeding more regularly put them in a new tank and add an auto feeder.... this doesnā€™t seem ok to me... new tank ? Uncycled? And I wonā€™t be there to keep an eye on it! Is there something else I can do or any advice that anyone has that would help me?!

Thanks in advance
Chris

Feed the fish 3-5 times per day for 1-2 weeks before going away.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every couple of days for 1-2 weeks before you go.

Then let the fish live on fat reserves.

There is no need to use holiday feeders or overfeed the tank.

Hmm ok. Thanks for the reply , the only problem is Iā€™m going away on Friday... itā€™s a last min business trip so I didnā€™t know about it . Any advice on what I can do in this instance

The same as above. Feed 3-5 times a day until you leave, and do a water change. They will be fine, it's only couple of days. Even a human can go 3 or 4 days without food.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back