Glowlight Tetra weird behaviour.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Evanjd

Reaction score
I have 10 Glowlight tetras in my 160L aquarium. One of them has been acting very odd recently. It is moving very slowly and opening and closing its mouth a lot. It has a slightly enlarged stomach that seems more white. It also has a weird white thing coming from its underside.
It moved to the top of the tank for a bit, now it is down in the corner of the tank not moving much at all with that white thing still there.
What is wrong with it? All of the other fish seem completely fine, the water parameters are good as well.
Thanks.
(Pictures show weird white thing coming from it)

Attachments

• 29C1CBD7-4440-47A4-BE73-63C6E6483357.jpeg
    29C1CBD7-4440-47A4-BE73-63C6E6483357.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 602B81CF-C56E-48BE-846E-1D3F34A250CD.jpeg
    602B81CF-C56E-48BE-846E-1D3F34A250CD.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 83
I have 10 Glowlight tetras in my 160L aquarium. One of them has been acting very odd recently. It is moving very slowly and opening and closing its mouth a lot. It has a slightly enlarged stomach that seems more white. It also has a weird white thing coming from its underside.
It moved to the top of the tank for a bit, now it is down in the corner of the tank not moving much at all with that white thing still there.
What is wrong with it? All of the other fish seem completely fine, the water parameters are good as well.
Thanks.
(Pictures show weird white thing coming from it)
The white looks like stringy white poop. You could be dealing with an internal parasite here. Touch wood Iā€™ve never had this problem and not sure which meds to use but others will know Iā€™m sure.

If these symptoms started a week or so ago, then it has an internal protozoan infection. Metronidazole might help but it will cost a lot more than just replacing the fish.

If these symptoms came on in the last 24 hours, the fish is dying from an internal bacterial infection and will probably be dead tomorrow. Euthanise it.

If these symptoms started a week or so ago, then it has an internal protozoan infection. Metronidazole might help but it will cost a lot more than just replacing the fish.

If these symptoms came on in the last 24 hours, the fish is dying from an internal bacterial infection and will probably be dead tomorrow. Euthanise it.
Thanks. It was within the last 24h unfortunately.
Do you know what couldā€™ve caused it, and what I can do to prevent this in the future? Or is this just bad luck?

Sorry about your fish, I have a shoal of 14 glowlight tetras, I hope no more of your fish get sick. I would be interested in the answer to your question too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back