What is happening

• Mates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blu_bruh

Reaction score
I have a 15 gal at 75°f with a goldfish, 2 small albino plecos, 3 small Cory catfish, and 3 glofish, a pink, a blue and a longfinned yellow. My problem is with the yellow one, he chases the pink one all day and the blue one knows to stay out of his way , are thay maybe wanting to mate, are they playing , are they being aggressive. They don't have any nicks like they yellow has nipped them at all but the pink one just sits like it's tired of it. Idk how to sex them so idk what to do. There are plenty of areas for them to have their own territories. I even have like a rock shelf. I'll post a picture and if I can a video. The blue is hiding on the bottom, the pink stays pretty much where it's pictured.
1581215065349796923558.jpg

Multiple problems here:
Common Gold fish need at least 75 gallons a fish
glofish tetras need a school of at least 6
assuming that your albino Plecos are BN(most common for albinos)
you shouldonly keep one in a tank
a BN Pleco needs at least 29 gallons
You also should rehome your corries since they need groups of 6+ and your tank is not big enough to accommodate that.
i don’t mean to be rude just trying to help. If you get 3 more glo tetras the aggression will go down

When you say glofish are you referring to glow light tetra or the commercially made glofish which are several different types of fish injected to glow? Looking at the picture they appear to be glofish.

Last edited:
When you say glofish are you referring to glow light tetra or the commercially made glofish which are several different types of fish injected to glow? Looking at the picture they appear to be glofish.
I'm assuming they're glofish too as I bought them from Petco

Multiple problems here:
Common Gold fish need at least 75 gallons a fish
glofish tetras need a school of at least 6
assuming that your albino Plecos are BN(most common for albinos)
you shouldonly keep one in a tank
a BN Pleco needs at least 29 gallons
You also should rehome your corries since they need groups of 6+ and your tank is not big enough to accommodate that.
i don’t mean to be rude just trying to help. If you get 3 more glo tetras the aggression will go down
I understand your not trying to be rude, I put my problems out there looking for a solution, not looking to get mad at genuine help. The goldfish and a pleco are being rehomed literally as I'm typing this. The corries are about 1/4th his size and they are super healthy and happy fish I'm mostly just concerned about the glofish

If one is a long finned fish then they may be different breeds of fish which may be the problem, There are several different breeds of fish that they inject and call glofish. If you go online and google glofish I am sure there will be a picture guide that will show the different types. You can compare your fish to the guide and let us know what types of glofish you have.

Ok so I have 2 tetra glofish, a moonrise pink and cosmic blue , and then the sunburst yellow is a long fin tetra, at the store these exact 3 types were in the same tank so I bought them together.

All 3 of these are skirt tetra( one is a longed fin) and are completely compatable, but they tend to pick on each other in smaller groups because In larger groups of 6+ the aggression gets distributed evenly. And glofish are not invested or dyed, they are bred to be this way.

I understand your not trying to be rude, I put my problems out there looking for a solution, not looking to get mad at genuine help.
You would be surprised how many people get mad, and defend themselves when you point Out what’s wrong. Everyone makes these mistakes, but responsible people listen and learn from them, so I applaud you!

Skirt tetras are usually peaceful but they do need to shoal like most tetras. Group of 6 or more is recommended like most tetra. I have a tetra tank but don't have these.

You would be surprised how many people get mad, and defend themselves when you point Out what’s wrong. Everyone makes these mistakes, but responsible people listen and learn from them, so I applaud you!
Well thank you I just want happy healthy fish, as I would hope most of us on here do

@Crypfan is right glofish are genetically engineered and they do appear to have the shape of a skirt tetra. I would like a better picture to be sure.
My phone quality isn't that good I'm uploading another picture from a different one in a minute but this is the best I could g
1581224533978601444069.jpg
et on this one

What makes it hard to positively identify a fish is that the natural colors are gone, all you have left with glofish is the shape to identify by. I can not say for sure but it does appears to be a long fin skirt tetra.

The good news is that skirt tetra are all the same so you could get black or white ones to increase the group. This may work out less expensive. Personally I am not a fan of buying fish that are genetically modified to create new colours to boost sales but that is your choice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back