Glass Problem.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

STEVIE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was cleaning algae off the front pane of my fishtank using an algae magnet when i noticed it has lightly scratched the glass which may have been caused by a bit of trapped grit.This is on the outside of the pane.The scratches are noticable but not deep.
Is there anyway to remove them?

I would also love to know. I've scratched my glass on the inside (also by having grit on my magnet cleaner without noticing.) As far as I know there isn't a solution. :( If anyone could be our saviour then it'd be great, but I think it's all a problem we're going to have to live with.

Sometimes a metal polish like Brasso will minimise light scratching. You could even try toothpaste.

Turn the tank around (if its not bow fronted) the front now becomes the back, with hopefully no scratches.

HAHAHAHah ive also turned a tank around once, just be carefull cause its your last chance.HAHAHA

IMO algae magnets are a nightmare. I totally trashed my Juwel 180 with an algae magnet, just with bits of sand getting caught. Use a scraper :good:

Oh, and to my knowledge, there is little you can do without alot of hassle and alot of work, for little results.

Also scratches provide a nice little home for algae to grow in. Thats when I noticed I had scratches.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back