Glass Lid Fish Tank?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Ok - I want a small tank with just Cherry Shrimp or maybe a betta. I have saw the smallish tanks with the glass lids and the lights a couple of inchs above them I think they where under £50

Anybody have a website where these tanks are on? I had a look on ebay but couldnt spot any.

Cheers!
 
Wrong section, but the tanks you mean are Arc tanks I presume, like this:

003-12.jpg



If so, pets@home I believe sell them, £50, also quite a few LFS will have them, or warehouse aquatics (google them) sell them.
 
Thanks minx!
What section was the ment to go in?

Are these suitible for a betta or cherry shrimp?
 
Suitable for both, although with shrimp you may want to cover the gaps in the lid, although my shrimp have never tried to climb out.

Trop discussion would have been better as it was a question rather than a Wanted ad. It will soon be moved though if need be.
 
Ah ok. Do you have one then?

Are they good? I love the look of these. Im thinking the 35l. Would cherry shrimp & betta go together?
 
That pic is my arc tank, so yeah I have one. Its the 35L, good little tanks.

Would be fine for a betta and some cherries, like I said, just keep an eye on the cherries in case they decide to go walk about as shrimp can get thru tiny holes if they feel the need to escape. Mine dont, I have amanos and bamboo shrimp in there with some dwarf frogs, so they dont feel threatened in any way and I guess dont feel the need to explore the open world.

Betta can also jump if they feel the need too btw.
 
I would keep the lid on at all times apart from lifting it a little to feed and when changing but I will not let them escape :P

How would i cover the corners up?
 
Dont know mate, there are gaps around the lid front,back and sides, plus corners. Only thing I can think of is a condensation cover.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top