Giant gourami or what?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
This was my favorite gourami who I thought for the longest time was a giant gourami. Well, after looking at other members pictures and pics on the net, he doesn't look anything like one. I CANNOT seem to find out what kind he is. Anyone know????

Attachments

• pic024.jpg
    pic024.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 82
This is a giant gourami.... the color pattern and fins look nothing like my guy. This one also has great color. Most of them are lighter then this. They are also known as the banded gourami.... not the same.
Colisa_fasciata_Giant_Gourami.jpg

I am willing to bet that your fish is a unique color variety of a Dwarf Gourami. He is the exact shape of a dwarf, and has the same pattern in colors. I really don't think he is anything else, just special. You're so lucky, he's beautiful!! :D

Oh great, I probably had this amazing one of kind fish and he died. Ughhh... The lfs had about 5 and they didn't even know what kind they were!!! They said they ordered dwarf gourami and they came in instead. Maybe they'll get some more one day. Foof.... :X

Auratus said:
Oh great, I probably had this amazing one of kind fish and he died. Ughhh... The lfs had about 5 and they didn't even know what kind they were!!! They said they ordered dwarf gourami and they came in instead. Maybe they'll get some more one day. Foof.... :X
OOOOooh nooooooooo!!!! That's so horrid, I'm so sorry!!! :no: Since they ordered dwarf gouramis and that is what showed up, now I am almost 100% positive with my previous reply. They're just a very unique color strain. Who knows, maybe they will get more - if they're using the same supplier it's very possible! :thumbs: (And maybe you should buy more than one so you can send me one too..... :p )

Most reactions

Back