Giant Cory?!

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I always thought the cories you get in the LFS were pretty much full grown, until I spotted this whopper today, he is massive you can see him next to the 'normal' sized cory, who has adopted the new guy to be his poppa lol
2e663p1.jpg

2eehtoh.jpg
 
blimey he is big!

how long in length would you say, Mel?

About 2" with the tail and he is the bomb, he has larger scales than a normal cory, you can see him next to that terracotta thing, that is used to weight some plants when you get them in the LFS and they aren't exactly small, my normal cories sit inside them, this new big boy would have to sit on top he wouldn't fit inside lol

I am guessing he is quite old but he's very active and friendly, cute that he has taken the little one under his fin too!
 
ahh right, I read they normally grow to around 2-3" when fully grown, so yes he must be pretty old!

I wonder how long it takes them to reach full size?
 
ahh right, I read they normally grow to around 2-3" when fully grown, so yes he must be pretty old!

I wonder how long it takes them to reach full size?

Not a clue, I've had cories years that never get bigger than the size I buy them, about 1 inch
 
HEY! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE XD OUR NOT SO LITTLE GUY IS APPROX 3 INCHES LONG XD LMAO. i will try and get a pic up
 
ok here is my lil peppered guy

P310308_060301.jpg


P020408_1830.jpg


these are the best i can find at the moment. i have some more which i can get up later
 
sorry i repeated the last post... i shall write this random sentance to replace it :hyper:
 
I had a Brochis sold to me as a bronze cory before...i bought 2x bronze corys and a brochis in a deal something like 3 corys for £8...never noticed he was any different other than his head was a little more rounded..at the time i just assumed he was a male and the others were female or something.....

until the 'lil dude' grew to a very fat 5" and his little mates stayed around 2",plus he became more green as he got older and looked completley different to the others! however they all shoaled together anyway lol! nice giant cory :D

this is a brochis

b_multiradiatus5.jpg


bronze cory

113649.JPG


very similar looking at a glance....espeacilly if they are the same size!
 
Ooh an official 'find' but yeah he does sit with the other albino cories which is so cute and doesn't seem to realise he is ginormous lol, you can see from your pics guys how big yours are it's the ridges in their backs that give it away, so much bigger [scales] than the smaller varieties
 
went in 2 the local P@H and no before anybody says anythink i would and never have brought fish from them just always look at the fish case of habbit i guess lol and they have an albino in there which is around 4 inchs it absolutley huge he's been in there for a while now so will try get a pic next time but yeh never thought they would grow this size and my god :)


jen
 
ive got 2 very large peppered corys...i consider them my lil cows, as they are always grazing. i put the much smaller peppered cory in a different tank because he messed the balance all up, lol
 
i saw an albino at p@h the other week must of been atleast 3" if not bigger, he was huge! was in there large display thingy tak with clowns and such
 

Most reactions

Back
Top