Ggrrr Newbies And The Lfs That Screw Em Up..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah boasting about flaming, that's a new level for you mamafish.

When you get spoken to like an idiot, shouted at, bluntly spoken to, do you like it?

You live for the arguments it seems, you jump on many people, completely disagreeing with their way, as your way is always right, some new news you say alot of wrong stuff!

Starting a new thread just to flame someone aswel, why?

At my own risk of being "flamed" here, I'd like to say something. Mama's post to which you are referring was not boasting...it's an explination of who she is. She's very knowledgable about africans, and has even recommended some Pseudotropheus acei (Yellow-tailed acei) to me and I just love them! I've gone to her several times with questions and for advice about my fish, and always with great results. However, if I were to decide not to take her advice, the "fish saving" mama would kick into gear, and I would recieve a well deserved ear full, as killing fish is not the aim in this hobby. We do some things differently, and she accepts that as long as my fish are healthy and well cared for. With that said, it's obvious to me she does't live to argue, but sticks to her opinions like any true person should. The newby that had the original posts wasn't actually understanding the "nice" advice, and frankly, sometimes a little blunt verbal push can kick the brain into gear. Describing a ten gallon tank with the bioload it has as a "cess pool" is a rather adequate term, and helps to bring the idea home. I think he needed a little shove in the right direction. :nod: This is a public forum, and there will be differences in personalities as all forums have.

In all honesty, it is new news that a lot of the stuff she says is wrong stuff...I would honestly think that advising someone that treating water is unnecessary would be a bad idea. Chlorine does tend to burn the gills and will kill fish. This is a forum, and advice will differ, no? I'm not trying to be rude, but in all honesty, I do consider that very bad advice. :no:

With all that said, this has been a wonerful forum and I have really enjoyed it! I come here every day since I have joined, and have had many friendly people welcome me....it's been a wonderful experience overall. Let's put this thing to bed and enjoy the forum, the newbies, and mama!

I disagree with e11cloud i hate to be harsh but this is like bullying and i cant stand and let it happen :angry: its one thing to get angry with someone and set them on the right track, but then to rub it in by putting a thread up on them doesnt make any sense. its not going to make them want to take info from you, its not going to come out benefical for either of you, and its not the right thing to do. im 14 years of age and can see alot more clearly then you...I think that says something...

im 14 years of age

that explains so much, thanks!

it's funny, even hypocritical how I asked--requested, in the other post (that was erased I might add) for PMs if anyone had issue with what I said, funny how nobody took me up on that and decided to do exactly what their whinning about, POSTED FLAMES.

what makes your RIGHTEOUS flaming any different then what you say I did???

take a good look at yourselves in the mirror please for that double standard crawling across your faces.

perhaps some of you should RE-READ my long post from yesterday... I THOUGHT... it was clear and precise my stance on the situation.

oouuw now mama fish is flaming out a 14 yr old! now that is pretty much as low as it goes... i think maybe mommafish should grow up, after all, she does have children of her own and isnt setting a very good example! oops! did i say that? crap now im gunna get reamed out by mamafish the block bully!

I disagree with e11cloud i hate to be harsh but this is like bullying and i cant stand and let it happen :angry: its one thing to get angry with someone and set them on the right track, but then to rub it in by putting a thread up on them doesnt make any sense. its not going to make them want to take info from you, its not going to come out benefical for either of you, and its not the right thing to do. im 14 years of age and can see alot more clearly then you...I think that says something...

I can understand your anger as you think that this thread is about "rubbing it in" but I'd like to clarify that the name of this posting is actually about how the lfs will take advantage of customers...she did say that she might have upset him, but I think perhaps the aim was for people to look at the thread, then see how the poor boy ended up being misled.

If I were bullying anyone, I'd certainly agree with you that it wasn't the right thing to do...however, I carefully typed my post and tried to avoid any harsh tones. Bullying certainly is not my intention. I see nothing wrong with explaining my point of view. I kindly thank you in advance to please refrain from making any accusations about me, as I'm just posting my opinions and observations, not trying to intimidate or infuriate anyone in any way, shape or form. :no: Like I said, we should let this issue go to bed and enjoy the forum, correct? Keep in mind there is a good side to everyone. B)

I can understand your anger as you think that this thread is about "rubbing it in" but I'd like to clarify that the name of this posting is actually about how the lfs will take advantage of customers...she did say that she might have upset him, but I think perhaps the aim was for people to look at the thread, then see how the poor boy ended up being misled.

Well first of all id like to tell you e11cloud that it was not you i was pointing too about bullying but rather mommafish, if you look at that first sentence that she wrote it oviously shows she had no other concern but 2 rub in the "victim." she said nothing about how they hire bad staff or give no training prior to working, nothing at all what really set me off is what she last posted "im 14 years of age that explains so much, thanks!" and i think she is one of those people that are just here for the sake of getting under peoples skin and creating arquements.

*ahem*

Now this appears to be about my post. If I was to take mamafishes advice I would give away my fish to her and take up pet rocks.
I took everyones advice who was cordial I read all the links posted to me kindly by people on the forum, now One website states don't put shell dwellers with Alto Calvus another says you can with ones of the same size.
Now people messaging someone to "flame" at someone and then the person then does so isn't exactly right in my book. You didn't hurt my "feewins" mamafish you more gave me insight into some of the people to avoid on the forum who prefer to abuse rather than to help, which you did not help me in any way, shape or form, while others did help because they gave advice on the fish in question. Again sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I haven't been on this forum long so just adjusting. :good:

seriously??? you think I was flaming you?? BAHHHHHH how frustrating!!!! :hyper: oh well, if you think that, youre mistaken but your entitled to your thoughts. as off base as they might be :/

Well mamafish what could saying to someone they are murdering fish and have a cess pool of a tank and should take up pet rocks?
That seems more like "flaming" than anything else.

Well mamafish what could saying to someone they are murdering fish and have a cess pool of a tank and should take up pet rocks?
That seems more like "flaming" than anything else.

i coudlnt agree more!! i think this is a big issue and should be adressed to the mods, people come here for advice definitly not harsh/rude comments! and bullying shouldnt be tollerated...

discus, I was talking to YOU,, I did not mean any flame by the 14 remark, but you took it as such and thats your perogative, it was not intended, it's clear who is perpetuating the drama now, i'm done with this sillyness as it's gone on far too long and has only taken up space.

discus, I was talking to YOU,, I did not mean any flame by the 14 remark, but you took it as such and thats your perogative, it was not intended, it's clear who is perpetuating the drama now, i'm done with this sillyness as it's gone on far too long and has only taken up space.

ok well i just hope nothing like this happens agian...I really like to stand up for justice anywayz im sorry for rude comments i may have made out of anger. lets just start on a new page :good:

QUOTE,

the ONLY thing I'll ever say to you is BUY A BOOK or 2. I've read all of your posts and thats the best advice I have for you and your fish ..

http://www.cichlidpress.com/ <~~thats a good place to start.

good luck to your fish, it's going to be a rough ride for them I feel :/

I have 5 books on keeping tropical fish at my disposal.

Nice last shot there mamafish

good luck to your fish, it's going to be a rough ride for them I feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back