Getting Frustrated...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

quickdodge

Reaction score
And I'm only trying to heat my water. I got a new heater this afternoon. A 300 watt for my 55 gallon. I've had it in the water for about 2 hours and the temperature hasn't budged. Also, the ON light keeps switching on and off just whenever it seems. What is going on? Can someone pleeeeeeeease help me get my water heated. Should I get a better heater? I have one of these. Later, QD.

Hi Quick Dodge :)

If the light keeps flashing on and off, it means that the thermostat on the heater is only set to what the temperature of the water is now. Try turning it up a little and see if that makes the light stay on more steadily. Once the water is warmed to the setting it's at, it will go off and on as needed to keep it that way.

Don't rule out the possibility that the heater is defective either.

Don't rule out the possibility that the heater is defective either.

Kind of what I am wondering. When I first got it and put it in, I had it set to a little above half-way. It was doing it then, too. So, I set it almost all the way low and it is still doing it. Later, QD.

Whats the temp of the water? Does it have a built in thermostat where you set it on a temp and it heats it to what it is then shuts off?

What kind of heater is it? Some heaters actually need to be calibrated. If the light keeps going off and on then the others are probably right, it's set to the current water temp. Is there a way you can see what the heater is set to?

What kind of heater is it? Some heaters actually need to be calibrated. If the light keeps going off and on then the others are probably right, it's set to the current water temp. Is there a way you can see what the heater is set to?

Unfortunately, no, there is no set temp. that you can see. I figured out that I am going to take this one back and get one where you can read teh temp. Later, QD.

I'd recommend you getting the marineland dual temp 300 watt heater. I use the 200 watt version of this on my 55g and it keeps it around 76-77 degrees.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back