Reaction score
hay all

i was wondering whats the best way to get a good pic of my guppies
i am finding it hard , i am useing a fujifilm finepix s5700
as i am wanting to put a cupple of pics on some of the forums
hear

manythanks
jay

You need to use the aquarium lighting and natural light to your advantage. Taking pictures using flash or any lights pointed directly to the tank will cause glare and be unsightly. Your camera is similar to mine and should have a 'continuous' mode on it. This will take multiple pictures really quickly which makes up for fish moving around. Try setting it to the highest speed it will go and working down to see what works. Try take the pics at the highest quality you can and remember to put the macro setting on

You need to use the aquarium lighting and natural light to your advantage. Taking pictures using flash or any lights pointed directly to the tank will cause glare and be unsightly. Your camera is similar to mine and should have a 'continuous' mode on it. This will take multiple pictures really quickly which makes up for fish moving around. Try setting it to the highest speed it will go and working down to see what works. Try take the pics at the highest quality you can and remember to put the macro setting on

cool man thanks
i will defo be giveing it a try
im not much of a photographer but i must admit
i do like to give it a go
manythanks mate
jay

you want a fast shutter rate of 150 or more, but this means better lighting if possible. I have a 5200 bridge which i was happy with until i got a cannon 550D :)

you want a fast shutter rate of 150 or more, but this means better lighting if possible. I have a 5200 bridge which i was happy with until i got a cannon 550D :)

cool bud im haveing a bit of a problem
resizeing the pics now so i can upload to the forum
lol i shud just giveup lol
jay

Search for resize powertoy by windows (if windows 7 find the powertoy clone)

You can select several photo's and resize all by right clicking and selecting resize, very handy tool and simple to use.

hears a pic without changing the settings on my cam

Search for resize powertoy by windows (if windows 7 find the powertoy clone)

You can select several photo's and resize all by right clicking and selecting resize, very handy tool and simple to use.

thanks i will look for dl now
i was trying to use batch photo
but its a bit tricky to use ,
thanks for the help mate its my
first nite on the site
jay :)

Attachments

• 01032011114-1600-1280-400.jpg
    01032011114-1600-1280-400.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 01032011115-1600-400.jpg
    01032011115-1600-400.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 01032011117-1600-400.jpg
    01032011117-1600-400.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 01032011118-1600-400.jpg
    01032011118-1600-400.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33
Nice pics
good.gif
I find sinking some food they can't resist also helps keep the fish where you wan them and trying different angles and distances from the side of the tank. I have even cheated
confused.gif
once by catching one of the guppies in a net and anchoring the net against the glass (with the opening towards me) just so I could reduce his movement, but he wasn't pinned just free swimming in a greatly reduced area.

Nice pics
good.gif
I find sinking some food they can't resist also helps keep the fish where you wan them and trying different angles and distances from the side of the tank. I have even cheated
confused.gif
once by catching one of the guppies in a net and anchoring the net against the glass (with the opening towards me) just so I could reduce his movement, but he wasn't pinned just free swimming in a greatly reduced area.

i had thaught about putting
the fish into a breeding trap just
so i can get a good pic but i dont want to stress the fish out
so think i will just try sum new shutter speeds on my cam
and hope for the best

I am going to go back to the basics here. Forget about livebearers. This applies to all fish. To get a truly sharp picture means that you have a good focus on the fishy subject. Herein lies the difficulty. We want a nice sharp focus but fish simply will not hold still and let you focus. Worse yet, the auto-focus on your camera often will focus on the glass instead of on the fish. What I have found useful for getting decent fish pictures is as follows. I do not get as close as I can to the subject, instead I back off and use the mechanical zoom of my camera. The mechanical zoom lets me have a bit more of the potential distance from my fish in focus. That makes things a bit less picky and means I can often get a decent focus. Once I have a decent focus on my fish, I do not worry too much about how may pixels there are in the picture. I have a camera with a 10 megapix picture area that means I get pictures in the 5 MB range in the raw mode for a jpg. When I edit the picture using my standard editor, the pictures often end up being reduced from 4 or 5 MB to a mere 100 KB by the time I post them on photobucket. This picture, when reduced to a 800 x 600 view weighs in at a mere 57 KB but is clear as a bell on line. I have a much better quality picture on my hard drive but who really wants anything sharper and who is willing to wait for a bigger image to load over the internet? Certainly not me. Any picture that is this clear is fine for any usual uses.
HarborSeal800.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back