Getting A 75 Gallon

musclemilk

New Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
getting a 75 gallon tank and stand on saturday.

Currently have a 20 gallon w\3 tiger barbs 1 rainbow shark.
Just got 1 silver tipped catfish shark, and 1 pleco ....silver tipped shark just died.

Any suggestions for my new 75 gallon that i get on saturday?

I think the silver tipped shark died cause he was sick or just it was too small and he couldnt handle for 1 full week (i got him knowing i was going to get a new tank)

Poor guy
 
Yeah. I'd suggest getting tank running and fully cycled before worrying about the stock.
Are you getting it new?
 
Agreed^^

Cycling is huge, so make sure you do that first!

Other than that, I think a 75 gallon tank would be awesome for an Amazon environment Cichlid setup.

I love Cichlids, I will probably recommend them to anyone who asks what they should do with a new tank that is of suitable size. lol.

-FHM
 
chichilds can be in an evironment of 78degrees?

I am so bummed about the silver tipped shark.

The tank is not new, its used 75bucks for the stand and tank and light. I have a pump and filter that runs on my 20 gallon.

I am assuming I will need a larger pump?

Can i buy another silver tipped shark for the 75 gallon?
 
You will need a proper filter for your 75. Either a HOB or a canister.
 
chichilds can be in an evironment of 78degrees?

I am so bummed about the silver tipped shark.

The tank is not new, its used 75bucks for the stand and tank and light. I have a pump and filter that runs on my 20 gallon.

I am assuming I will need a larger pump?

Can i buy another silver tipped shark for the 75 gallon?
78 degrees is ideal for Cichlids.

You can get a 110 gallon HOB power filter from AquaClear, it will have close to a 9x turn over rate for your 55 gallon.

-FHM
 
i am trying to svae money here. I have the filter\pump on my 20 gallon; this wont do the trick for a 75 gallon i assume.

WHere can i get a good pump\filter combo for my 75 gallon?
What about driftwood and live plants?
 
Have you checked out AquaClear's line-up on HOB filters?

That's what I would get if you want to save money.

-FHM
 
i am trying to svae money here. I have the filter\pump on my 20 gallon; this wont do the trick for a 75 gallon i assume.

WHere can i get a good pump\filter combo for my 75 gallon?
What about driftwood and live plants?

youd really have to shop around for the best price. EBAY, as bad as it may sound to some, is a great place for both new and used equipment. just check the seller reviews. i purchace things from ebay on occasion, and have had no problems. in fact, thats where i get some of the best deals.

as nelly asked... are you in the UK?

while the AquaClear filter mentioned above is by far one of the best investments you can make (IMHO/E), they are not available through hagen UK. ive contacteds them as far as why they are not a part of the UK line, and have only recieved answeres in the tone of "theyre just not", and "i dont know". lol.
with this said, you have 2 options.
1, EBAY or other reputable online seller that will ship to you. if you go with EBAY, you can get one shipped for a pretty reasonable price.
2. go with another filter readily available at your LFS. for a &% id suggest a smaller fluval or eheim canister.

stay away from tetratech as much as possible.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top