General Rant :p

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Look there millions of people who do this, i feel its ireavelevent to post just one of the examples of which we as fishkeepers know all about. This is something that has been brought up numerous times in threads and all we can do is be ashamed. Theres nothing we can do about it sadly, fish will always be mistreated, we as fihkeepers must give ours good lives and hope for a better future, i have learning ranting does not do anything.

Why did you post this? Look around the internet, at a LFS, a petsmart,petco, in a fish bowl. Its all like this.

Im clearly missing the point of this or there is no point.

We have all seen it before. Why post another one?

Think you guys are being a little rude to her. Yes you may have seen lots of videos like it but how do you know if she has or not?

Jeannie, that is an awful video. I don't understand how people can get enjoyment out of something like that, it looks so messy. Poor fish :(

Ninjouzata said:
Think you guys are being a little rude to her. Yes you may have seen lots of videos like it but how do you know if she has or not?

Jeannie, that is an awful video. I don't understand how people can get enjoyment out of something like that, it looks so messy. Poor fish
sad.png
I wasnt being rude to her, i was saying this has been posted on the forum a million times it stupid to post it again.

ncguppy830 said:

Jeannie, that is an awful video. I don't understand how people can get enjoyment out of something like that, it looks so messy. Poor fish
sad.png
I wasnt being rude to her, i was saying this has been posted on the forum a million times it stupid to post it again.

..Yes, telling someone that something they posted is very rude. Just pointing it out.

Ninjouzata said:

sad.png

..Yes, telling someone that something they posted is very rude. Just pointing it out.

What?

Right, cool down people.

I don't read any intentional rudeness, what we have is a member who is new to the forum trying to get their head around the sheer cruelty out there that people not only carry out but feel it's fine to spread it on online videos. We can help them to understand how we deal with it, and that way they can develop their response.

The other side is the people who've been here longer who have seen this again and again and some have developed the defence to fix what they can and to avoid having to watch the suffering. A worthy option, and really the only one open to some people, but the two views don't mix all that well. The response read to me as more defensive in that way than deliberately rude to the OP.

Overall, you all feel terrible about the suffering of the fish, so please remember that we're all in different places about how we deal with what's out there and play nice.

For me, I fix what I can, which is why I'm here partly, and accept that I can't change some of the rest of the stuff.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back