GBR fry photos!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Here I'll be posting pics of my GBRS as they grow!! Not really good quality pics (umm actually terrible), but fries are always cool ;). Feel free to post pics of your fries, too!
These are my frys:
baby_angels.jpg
p_fry.jpg
krib_fry1.jpg
cockatoo_fry.jpg

@GaryE Rams have spawned for me twice over the years. Both times I had them in nearly pure R/O water at 80 degrees Fahrenheit . I used a clay based neutral substrate and I used to add Tetra Blackwater Extract. The parents were very good with the fry and the fry were easy to raise. Both times I saw eggs without any warning at all that something was about to happen. No indications at all from the pair that anything was about to happen. Also, there were full grown Angelfish in the tank with them one of the times. The tanks it happened in were a 15 and a 20 high.
The fry pictures in this thread bring back happy memories.

The parents were very good with the fry and the fry were easy to raise.
My pair ate the fry 😭 . Now l only have the ones in the growout...
@GaryE Rams have spawned for me twice over the years. Both times I had them in nearly pure R/O water at 80 degrees Fahrenheit . I used a clay based neutral substrate and I used to add Tetra Blackwater Extract. The parents were very good with the fry and the fry were easy to raise. Both times I saw eggs without any warning at all that something was about to happen. No indications at all from the pair that anything was about to happen. Also, there were full grown Angelfish in the tank with them one of the times. The tanks it happened in were a 15 and a 20 high.
Its great you've had rams too😍. Now l know who l'll ask if l have questions🤣

@betta4ever! I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. I wanted my Rams to spawn and I read up on them and did the things my reading recommended but it was a total surprise when they did it. My tanks were heavily planted with Cryptocoryne and lots of driftwood. No rockwork because I didn't want any mineral water hardening influences. Thinking back on it my tanks then we're in a very quiet room. Nobody ever went in there but me and my lighting followed the natural sunrise to sunset cycle. No lights coming on during a dark period to spook them . This same procedure is recommended for Firemouths. Some fish are skittish and you can't startle them. I think Rams are one of those skittish ones.

I've had rams spawned in tap water (tds 120, kh 3 gh 7); that is probably near the limit for the eggs to hatch. Naturally softer water is better.

Congratulations, for the short time I owned GBRs I got them to breed twice but was never able to get the fry. Awesome you got them breeding.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back