Gas Pocket in Newly Set Up Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hello again
So 2 Days ago I set up my New Fish tank With Sand Substrate and just now I try to flattening the sand substrate and there's some gas pocket bubble coming up, is there anything to worry about?
The Aquarium is still on fish-less cycle process. I am using Shrimp pellet as ammonia Source

It's either air that was trapped under the sand when you set it up, or it is from the shrimp pellets rotting on the sand.

Run a net or your fingers through the sand each day to remove any air/ gas pockets.

Once the ammonia level is 3ppm, remove the shrimp pellets and let the tank cycle. You can use raw prawn/ shrimp instead of the pellets and it is easier to clean up. You should only need the food/ prawn in the tank for a day before the ammonia level goes up.

It's either air that was trapped under the sand when you set it up, or it is from the shrimp pellets rotting on the sand.

Run a net or your fingers through the sand each day to remove any air/ gas pockets.

Once the ammonia level is 3ppm, remove the shrimp pellets and let the tank cycle. You can use raw prawn/ shrimp instead of the pellets and it is easier to clean up. You should only need the food/ prawn in the tank for a day before the ammonia level goes up.
Okay thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back