Garra Rufa.

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place for this so could a mod please move it to the correct section if they could.

What's with all these so called spa places opening up with these "doctor fish" I've read its has been made illegal in some parts of america (not sure which) as it was deemed unsanitory.

Has anyone ever been to them? Would you go to one?

Personally I wouldn't want to go near any of those places but that's just my personal opinion.

Regardless of that, the prices are HUGE at £1 per minute. The cheapest I've seen the fish sold for is £2 each. Can't understand it myself.

Tropical discussion would probably be a better place.

I dont like the idea of the fish being in such small tanks, but they do have excellent filtration including UV filters etcetc.
In the good ones anyway. The backstreet ones i wouldnt be sure about :/

They are expensive I suppose but just think of the overheads they'd have! You also don't need to go that often, once a week for 5 minutes is supposed to be enough.

Hanny, this is the 3rd day in a row where I haven't read stuff properly, I though I posted this in discussion.

I read a wee bit on wikipedia about them, seems there's a grey matter of whether you can use the same fish for more than one treatment in one day

Haha need to get your eyes tested micko!

Yeah there isnt much about them, theyre more of a fashion fad really, and theyve very quickly gone out of it. Too many people find it weird and there are now loads of shops with thousands of fish and no feet!

However some of the more clean ones are very successful and the fish are generally well cared for, never heard of the one treatment a day thing :/

Aye, this was on wikipedia. Stated that only one lot of fish to be used the day per treatment. You and I couldn't go in on the same day as have the same lot of fish treat us.

Its becomming more and more popular in Northern Ireland. We were in England last weekend and I was really suprised at how many of these so called spa's there were about.

There's still no scientific evidence to prove that they don't spread diseases, avoid at all costs would be my advice.

Most reactions

Back