Garlic?

I have a bunch of fish in my QT tank that I am treating for ich. The ich is almost gone, but they still have to spend about 3 more weeks in there. I am treating them with a copper med and I started adding garlic juices to their food about a week ago. I have been feeding them the garlic food twice a week. The garlic in my case had no effect on the ich, only the med did. They seemed a lot better after I added the garlic, But I don't know if it was the garlic or them just getting use to the new surroundings. The had been moved from a densely planted tank to a bare bottom one, so it was quite a change. Either way the effect of garlic, should be studied some more IMO.

To get the juices, I found the best way was to slice the garlic into about 4 pieces. Then put it in a thin sandwich baggie, with a couple drops of water. Then I smashed it up really good with a meat tenderizer, pushed it all to a corner of the bag. Then made a small hole in the corner and squeezed out as much juice as I could. And tossed the baggie in the garbage, It worked pretty good.

Well im researching it i put crushed garlic in with my bloodworms last night and ther was little pieces of fleshy Garlic in the tank but its all been eaten!!!!!

So ill post if there is an improvement, i think i will give it till the weekend then get some meds if not i think ill try the aquarium salt thou im starting to think medicating the whole tank is not a good idea and last resort ? is that right!!!!!

Most reactions

Back