Gah! My goldfish LOVE salt!!

Have you tried adding Interpets liquisil, its a general tonic and can be used once a month as a preventative measure, I use to use both 'Tonic and salt' then when I started using aquasafe and easybalance I asked Tetra if I could still use salt and the reply was what I told you you before 'only if they are ill'

Ps Have you see my forum : Did you know: it will explaine why goldfish always look hungry :p

FishHeads said:
Yeah my goldfish are piggies...especially Neo, he's my biggest. Now my tank water is cloudy and I have no money to run out and get a new filter cartraige... Grrrrr....(adds a little more carbon to the previous filter and hopes for the best until payday.)
Next time you do a water change, rinse the filter in the water you've taken out of the tank. My filter cartridge gets slimy and icky and I simply rinse it in the old water when I'm doing a water change. Saves money (an important thing when one is a college student!) :nod:

Pamela
aka Lizard

lizard said:
FishHeads said:
Yeah my goldfish are piggies...especially Neo, he's my biggest. Now my tank water is cloudy and I have no money to run out and get a new filter cartraige... Grrrrr....(adds a little more carbon to the previous filter and hopes for the best until payday.)
Next time you do a water change, rinse the filter in the water you've taken out of the tank. My filter cartridge gets slimy and icky and I simply rinse it in the old water when I'm doing a water change. Saves money (an important thing when one is a college student!) :nod:

Pamela
aka Lizard
I take it that that doesn't kill the artificial bacteria that has grown on the filter? :unsure:

It is recommended to rinse the filter sponge in the water taken from the tank when doing a water change to prevent the bacteria from dying, if you replace it each time with a new one the bacteria has to build up again.

FishHeads said:
I take it that that doesn't kill the artificial bacteria that has grown on the filter? :unsure:
Old tank water is good; it's tap water that you want to avoid. Tap water has chlorine in it and that is what will kill the bacteria.

Inchworm said:
FishHeads said:
Old tank water is good; it's tap water that you want to avoid. Tap water has chlorine in it and that is what will kill the bacteria.
:lol: Oh wow, I didn't realize that. lol Stupid me... :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back