Fungal mouth infection?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

enchanted

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I brought home some new guppys today and didn't see this at the store or here, but she definitely has a fungul mouth infection.

I'm going to call my LFS in the morning and see what they want to do. I now understand the point of quarantine, but in the meantime what can I do? I quarantined her in the 10 gallon for the time being and dropped in an airstone. It doesn't have a filter, but I figure overnight with an airstone should be okay (no substrate either).

I have pimafix and Ick Gaurd on hand. Is there anything I can do?

is primafix similar to melafix?
melafix will cure fungus, in most cases.

Same manufacturers and recommend for fungus I see now. I have the airstone on full and as indicated on a site (since this isn't in the a-z) I added 1 tbspn of salt for ten gallons. (It said 1 tsp per gallon, but I'm more comfortable follow the directions on the package then adding 3 times that and killing the fish. :/)

Sorry to hear about the guppy... :-(

I've fighting something similar in my 60 gallon, and I'm currently treating with Melxafix and PimaFix, since they've worked really well for me in the past.

Did she ever go in the community tank, or did you immediately quarentine her? If she was in the regular tank at all, it might be a good idea to keep treating the community tank for a few days just in case.

Hi ddreams, :)

I'm sorry to hear about your fish. :byebye:

Please read this thread which is about the disease your fish had, and be sure to look at the link I posted on it too.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...=0&#entry509622

It's not at all unusual to get a new fish that is ill, simply due to the stress they go through during the shipping process. Along the way they might have gone through temperature fluctuations, overcrowding, etc. There's always a risk when you get a new fish. :/

Well, I did have her in the community tank for a few hours and I have been watching the rest of the fish closely. No others are showing any signs or symptoms of illness. :/

When I noticed it on her I immediately quarantined her in the 10 Gallon.

Still no signs of any other infected in the main tank. :)

Called the LFS and they said they have a 1 week guarantee. :blink:

I had no clue. They don't even want the body, said just swing in and they will replace here. :blink:

Most reactions

Back