Fundulus Majalis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

waterdrop

Enthusiastic "Re-Beginner"
Reaction score
fundulus majalis are one of the killi types in the coastal river areas here in North Carolina where I live.

Heard an interesting story on the radio news this morning about killifish (maybe these types(I have no idea of what types of killis might be in NC)) that have adaped to pollution (I think they said wood additive pollution)...

OH, Hey, I found the link:

Fish Adapting radio story and text

Anyway, just thought of you killifish members when I heard it, ~~waterdrop~~

Interesting Story.
They may well have survived it in an outward physical sense but are their natural spawning methods affected, are subsequent egg, brood and overall, population numbers or viability affected and has their natural food chain also been affected. With all these unquantifiable factors going on I think its a little too early to gauge the overall long term detriment to this killifish species and aquatic life in the river in general.
...one that will need further research
Thanks for sharing
Regards
C

Glad somebody saw it. I thought it was interesting. Agree with you.. pretty daunting thinking of all the angles that would really need to be researched to know more fully.. and makes one think how unlikely this is (probably true for many areas of research out there.) WD

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back