Full gold guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
One of my last purchases from this past saturday. A group of juvenile delta full gold guppies. I've paid a good price for them. If I would have to buy a single pair of adult versions, it would be a lot more than a commercial guppy pair.
They really do look interesting...

Ooohh, nice! Would you be able to share a picture of what an adult full gold looks like please?

Ooohh, nice! Would you be able to share a picture of what an adult full gold looks like please?
IMG_4610.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

Actually these are true "full gold guppies", but they're bred in Thailand... only place I've seen them.
Those are gorgeous!

I keep thinking I'm going to stop keeping guppies, but I might just end up getting some lovely fancy guppies first, once the mutt guppies have been wound down.

Those are gorgeous!

I keep thinking I'm going to stop keeping guppies, but I might just end up getting some lovely fancy guppies first, once the mutt guppies have been wound down.

Yes, those gold ones are stunning. I've wanted to buy some, but I worry with how long shipping is taking internationally that they wouldn't survive. I love my guppies, but I was fortunate to buy a pregnant female at a local privately owned aquarium store and she gave birth to amazing offspring. She had to have been bred with Endler's Livebearers because I got amazing patterns and colors. I have true orange guppies that I havent seen on the internet or elsewhere. Wish they'd hold still to take their picture lol. I love breeding them though because I never know what the babies will turn out like. :fish:

Yes, those gold ones are stunning. I've wanted to buy some, but I worry with how long shipping is taking internationally that they wouldn't survive. I love my guppies, but I was fortunate to buy a pregnant female at a local privately owned aquarium store and she gave birth to amazing offspring. She had to have been bred with Endler's Livebearers because I got amazing patterns and colors. I have true orange guppies that I havent seen on the internet or elsewhere. Wish they'd hold still to take their picture lol. I love breeding them though because I never know what the babies will turn out like. :fish:
You know those good tablets you can stick to the glass? Tetra sell ones called Fun Tips - I wouldn't use them as a regular food, but I have used them to get photos of guppies before, since you can stick the tablet in a good spot to avoid aquarium lights glaring into the camera, and it brings the guppies to the camera focal point rather than trying to follow a swimming guppy with the camera.

Just stick the tablet about 2/3rds of the way down the aquarium glass, low enough that they're not hovering at the surface making it impossible to get a shot, focus your camera on the tablet, then snap away as they gather round to eat. You'll get a lot of dud photos, but some good ones too.
DSCF0462.JPG

Actually these are true "full gold guppies", but they're bred in Thailand... only place I've seen them.
The ones you´ve shown and mine are both full gold guppies. But yes, the one you´re showing are way more stunning.
You know those good tablets you can stick to the glass? Tetra sell ones called Fun Tips - I wouldn't use them as a regular food, but I have used them to get photos of guppies before, since you can stick the tablet in a good spot to avoid aquarium lights glaring into the camera, and it brings the guppies to the camera focal point rather than trying to follow a swimming guppy with the camera.

Just stick the tablet about 2/3rds of the way down the aquarium glass, low enough that they're not hovering at the surface making it impossible to get a shot, focus your camera on the tablet, then snap away as they gather round to eat. You'll get a lot of dud photos, but some good ones too.
View attachment 116640
I do this also from time to time when they are just recklessly swimming and can´t get a decent picture of them.

View attachment 116640
Every days a school day on here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back