Fry fry fry.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fish are friends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The dangers of platies in a community tank is they will breed and breed and breed. I can't take any more fry so I caught the 5 females I think and have left the 2 males in the tank just needing confirmation in correct in saying the 5 in the fry net are ALL female and the others are male.
20210219_144258.jpg

Male 1
20210219_144202.jpg

Male 2
20210219_144026.jpg

20210219_144023.jpg

Then the females.
Thanks

Hard for me to tell, with platies....been there, done that....donated dozens to the LFS...only way for me to be sure back then was to get rid of all of them

1613751270905.png
look at the different tail fin shapes. male is longer and female is wider. idk what pineapple sword is though lol it might be a meme

im trying to get some small cash from my guppies lol
I tried to get store credit for all the platys (and guppies) I gave my LFS, but they wouldn't budge...no wonder I buy 99% of my fish stuff online, lol

I tried to get store credit for all the platys (and guppies) I gave my LFS, but they wouldn't budge...no wonder I buy 99% of my fish stuff online, lol
i gotta find a groupon thingy so i can get one of those cheap bettas! other than that theres also some plants i cant find at lfs

All I was able to get from my LFS for the fish I gave them is some fish food. I wish my tetra would have fry like my guppies and platy do. :fish:

The plan is to get rid of the platies. They were a good starter fish that if something went wrong they are hardy and would survive. The tank is 2 months old so time for them to go.

I'm having the same trouble. 1st time fishkeeper so was told by LFS to get Platies as they are hardy begineer fish. So purchased 6 males, 3 Orange Mickey mouse and 3 Orange and White Mickey mouse. The 3 O&W chased and picked on the other 3 until i had to get rid of them. LFS would only swap them for female Platies no other fish or credit note. Well as you can imagine i now have 12 platy fry that i don't want.

I'm having the same trouble. 1st time fishkeeper so was told by LFS to get Platies as they are hardy begineer fish. So purchased 6 males, 3 Orange Mickey mouse and 3 Orange and White Mickey mouse. The 3 O&W chased and picked on the other 3 until i had to get rid of them. LFS would only swap them for female Platies no other fish or credit note. Well as you can imagine i now have 12 platy fry that i don't want.
Oh, wow... That's a shame. For you should keep the ones you want instead of those...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back