Fry Fry Fry Die (no, I'm not killing them)

lilmolly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought 2 white mollies. They were pregnant when I bought them. That's why I wanted them. I've been trying to breed mollies for almost 2 years now with no luck. I just thought it would be better if I would buy pregnant female and raise the fry. I put the mother in one of those plastic birthing boxes and the other in a 2.5gal tank. The one in the plastic box gave birth first. I switched the fry to the 2.5 gal and removed the other pregnant female to the birthing box to have her fry. Well, the first mother that gavebirth got pop eye and died. The second mother gave birth and is still living. I returned the died mother, since is was a week garrentee, and got two more pregnant females. I came home today to find that one has given birth. I took her out of the birthing box and put the other in. All the fry are in a 2.5gal and will be up graded as soon as I can. I went to get 4 (20gals) Is this enough tanks? I don't know how many fry there is. They don't exactly stay still for counting.

I had to raise the temp to 80 because those pregnant females brought ich in my tank. I couldn't save the first mother but all the others are fine now.

Keep the water chemistry as best as you can i.e no high levels of ammonnia or nitrite coz babies are easily stressed and unable to tollrate changes in water. Change the water every few days to keep it fresh as you will be feeding them more often than normal.

Goodluck with your new arrivals, Do you have any testing kits for testing water with?

I can't get a water test kit till I can get a job. I can't get a job till I can drive. I can't drive till finals are over with. Chain reaction

Most reactions

Back