Fruit And Crays

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I feed my Procambrius alleni cucumber on a regular basis as a fresh food. Is there any fruits they can eat safely? I am thinking by what parts of a cucumber slice mine eat they would love the texture of a peeled grape or maybe melon? (would be worried abou water conditions with water melon since it is so moist) i would assume citrus is bad because of acid...

Better of with courgette than cucumber (good fibre, but ver little nutritionally), you can also try cellery (though this is hit & miss).

Fruit wise, the more fibrous fruits are better, I would avoid stuff like banana as it will quickly disintegrate.

carrot is a good option too, an mushrooms.

I feed my Procambrius alleni cucumber on a regular basis as a fresh food. Is there any fruits they can eat safely? I am thinking by what parts of a cucumber slice mine eat they would love the texture of a peeled grape or maybe melon? (would be worried abou water conditions with water melon since it is so moist) i would assume citrus is bad because of acid...

many cray have no great use for fibre. and all veg and fruit needs to be very over ripe. all cray have much the same nutritional requirements as a common pleco
the cray tend to eat the soft core first. but thats only because the skin tends not to be, err, mature enough. to eat. until its been in the tank several days.
and most, dont leave it in long enough to be eaten.

the only real difference between courgette and cucumber, apart from water content, is, sugar, courgette is the higher carrier. and even that is down to water content.
on balance though, as with fish. you are best giving canned veg and fruit. they are higher in nutrition than fresh. and what fibre is needed is easier to digest.

adding the odd snail and worm, will not hurt either. but make sure they are alive!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back