harried_mom
New Member
How do I feed frozen bloodworms to my fish (both tanks)?
OMGmrV said:And don't do like I did it first. I put frozen worms into microwave because I thought they need to be defrosted first- smell was so disgusting that I couldn't breathe while feedind my fishes
![]()
bloodworms smell bad enough anyway without heating them up, i would have been sick 
Yes I should have mentioned that it's important to remove it after feeding (along with the uneaten worms)jams.alaskan said:I have one of those worm, cone feeders - my 10 inch pleco was found one morning VERY stuck in it! Guess I should have removed it when empty. He survived his many scrapes and tears in his fins. Healed quickly with melafix (love that stuff).
ALASKA
I don't know why I mentioned it really.jams.alaskan said:I have one of those worm, cone feeders - my 10 inch pleco was found one morning VERY stuck in it! Guess I should have removed it when empty. He survived his many scrapes and tears in his fins. Healed quickly with melafix (love that stuff).
ALASKA

Now I swish the chunks in the water while massaging them with my thumb and forefinger to distribute it all over the tank. (not advisable if you keep pirahanas or moret eels
). Some float to the top for the surface feeders, the midwater feeders get them on the way down and the cories love it because the sinking larvae drift in between the gravel nooks where they can dig for it (ha ha Mr. Gourami, don't you wish you had digging whiskers)