From The Ashes. Another Planted Journal

An update regarding that : The antibiotics have been working and the spot on my hand is gone. I have between 3-4 months left and I'll be done with them. They were horrible on my stomach but being happy can get you through anything. :) Thanks for being there and the support everyone!

I was just thinking about that yesterday and wondering how you were coping with the medication. I am glad that the wound healed at last. I currently have an upside down catfish with a very nasty wound and I am making sure not to touch his water and I have a special net for him.

Yeah, I am much more careful these days. No cross contamination and all new fish are getting dewormed and watched for signs of external parasites as well.

I was lucky that my doctor listened to me and tested for the right thing in the beginning. Some people wait months and months for a positive diagnoses.

I was lucky that my doctor listened to me and tested for the right thing in the beginning. Some people wait months and months for a positive diagnoses.

You are very right, and also the fact that you have access to a good medical health care system. My spouse has been in the hospital today since 12 pm referred by a general doctor to get some studies done, it is 10 pm now and still hasn't seen a dr! It took them 5 hrs just to have blood exams taken! I thought Canada was a developed country but the health care system is much worse here than in Mexico...

Oh dear, is he ok? Whats going on?

I actually understand...I made my health care sound better then it is by accident. I am on a Military base, and so is my healthcare. You would think that would be a good thing, this country wraps itself in the Red/White/&Blue but behind the scenes it is a hot nasty mess. My husband is paid less than a manager at McDonalds, and it takes 3-4 weeks for me to get a doctor's appt. as his spouse. {ON the base!}

The only reason I was taken seriously on my visit was because the guy was a E-4 {corporal} meaning he was only in the Army for maybe 2-3 years and I bossed his butt {beep} around until he ordered the right labs. {I did praise him, and he was great. But he was a baby and I bossed him around like I do my kids.}

I am pissed about the way families of soldiers are treated. It is not getting enough attention. Don't start me on soldiers either. My husband has 2 purple hearts. He has lived through his tank exploding and injuries in two different trips to Iraq. It still takes weeks to see a doctor.. :angry: Even when my babies need a doctor...It takes weeks! the "jerks" again "bleep, bleep bleep" My kids deserve good healthcare system, their father may never come home again. :angry: ...........

Biulu, I really hope everything is fine. Sorry for the rant everyone.

I almost deleted that post...but I realized that the soldiers in this country are treated like crap, and I meant 100x worse then the tone I said everything in.

Between my husband and I, we've had over 40 people we know die since 9/11. :angry:

We still don't know what it is after 12 hrs (literally!) in the hospital, so off again for new tests. At least this time with an appointment.... Let's see if they honour it.

I am sorry to hear about the military health service; I thought you had been treated well because your husband is a soldier. Maybe he should change armies ;) ;): my spouse has a brother in the Mexican navy and the doctors at the bases are known to be the best. Actually, doctors that have studied in the army have a very good reputation. Plus as an extra thank you for their services, the parents of a soldier have free access to their health care as well and can be attended in the military hospitals without delay.

I completely understand you; I was also very frustrated when I wrote that post.

I get on those rants on aspects of the Army all the time. Haha, my hubby and I want to retire in another country. He has been trying to get us stationed in Germany to give us a chance to travel and get ideas on where we could go. I am open for anything even India or Turkey.

Mexico is off the list for now. I am a little bit of a 'fraidy cat. We get a lot of news from Mexico and the drug wars right now are just nasty.

That's probably me being naive though since you obviously have been working there and are fine.

I hope you find out something today Lu!

Yes, I hope so too. Don't believe everything you hear and see FF; media are very biased and often bought. Plus stories about violence etc. sell better than 'feel good' stories. Personally I consider the killings of the 'independent' journalists much more worrying than gangs killing amongst themselves.

IN the middle of my weekly water change the front piece of wood completely came out of the sand. BN's burrowing so thoroughly. I got annoyed and pulled it out. Now I am pulling out all of the plants...moving the wood, replanting and hoping my stupid angels dont beat themselves off the sand. The reason I am writing this is the dead middle...my one year old DOESNT want to rescape, he wants to nap :fun:

omg What a nightmare! I just planted the whole thing blind. I have no idea if it will look right. :/ Stupid murky playsand.

Here's a pic: Still cloudy and obviously the plants were heavily trimmed. IT needs a few weeks and some thicker planting. I am ordering one more large sword for the dead center.

By the way, the angelfish have been out more in the last 20 minutes, then the whole time I have had them. All the branching wood everywhere is making the secure. Makes the whole horrible morning worth it.

003e.jpg

The Alternanthera reinecki doesn't even show up in the photo, it went through a horrible melt when I got it. Hoping it will start some good growth soon.

Most reactions

Back