From Bangalore, India

aquaBANG

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum, but not new to aquariums and fish keeping.
I am from Bangalore, India and have been into aquariums for a long time.

Currently have a 20G planted community and a 33G cichlid tank that I am setting up for convicts.
Eager to meet up with the aquarium gurus and share tips and tricks.

Thanks
Sudhir.

Hi,

what are the aquarium outlets like in India, can you get access to pretty much all fish species in the trade, plants and equipment?

I had read about some guys in the Bangalore area (I think), I was reading up on Torpedo barbs (from Kerala) a couple of years ago. one of my favourite fish. :)

Sanj

Hi,

what are the aquarium outlets like in India, can you get access to pretty much all fish species in the trade, plants and equipment?

I had read about some guys in the Bangalore area (I think), I was reading up on Torpedo barbs (from Kerala) a couple of years ago. one of my favourite fish. :)

Sanj

out here there are *NO* online stores! There are small medium and large dealers and outlets... We can pretty much get everything here, but live bearers and cichlids dominate the trade and sales. Plants are rare and very expensive... Equipment we have cheaper Chinese made products like Taiyo, Boyu, Dolphin etc. We get all kinds of equipment here from air pumps to canisters to co2 equipment. pretty much everything.

out here there are *NO* online stores! There are small medium and large dealers and outlets... We can pretty much get everything here, but live bearers and cichlids dominate the trade and sales. Plants are rare and very expensive... Equipment we have cheaper Chinese made products like Taiyo, Boyu, Dolphin etc. We get all kinds of equipment here from air pumps to canisters to co2 equipment. pretty much everything.

Maybe only a matter of time for the online stores. I remember seeing an aquatic outlet up in Ludhiana, Panjab when i was visiting in late 2004. It was quite small, but was good to see there is a demand overthere too. Chinese probucts are becoming more popular overhere aswell, particualrly Boyu.

I suppose you could always make an expedition out inot the countryside, maybe into the western ghats... you have plants on your doorrstep virtually. Although i dont know how practicle it would be. :)

Hi aB... and a warm welcome to the forum.
What fish have you in the community aquarium.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

Back