Frog bit wandering help???

utahfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just got some frog bit never had it before. Its a 20 gallon long tank 2 HOB filters one on each end of tank. Question is. Is there a trick to keep frog bit from getting stuck behind HOB filter?

Last edited:
Wierd I just got that same plant for my 10 gallon shrimp tank. Right now I took a piece of air tube attach it to one side of tank and to the other side and just allow it to float above the surface of the tank in hope's to keep it from my filter. So far it's working but if anyone else has any creative ways to help with this I love to here it. I will post a picture of this when I'm home.

Wierd I just got that same plant for my 10 gallon shrimp tank. Right now I took a piece of air tube attach it to one side of tank and to the other side and just allow it to float above the surface of the tank in hope's to keep it from my filter. So far it's working but if anyone else has any creative ways to help with this I love to here it. I will post a picture of this when I'm home.
That is what I also heard other people do. I have been thinking of getting it .

put it in a breeding net.

make a loop from plastic tube and a joiner. Tie some string to the tube and a suction cup on the glass. Put plants inside the ring of tube.

I also have duckweed. My shrimp tank had high nitrates and I Google how to reduce it. The answer was floaters. Plus shrimp love to graze on them especially duckweed so worth the nuisance of having it on my arm when doing maintenance. I be home soon.

I have not tried duckweed in my shrimp tank, I have mostly anacharis both narrow and wide leaf. I let some float and the rest is planted. The shrimp seem to like climbing around in it :good:

Do you mean to make a corral out of the airline tubing? Connect the ends together to make a circular corral? Works for water lettuce ;)

Guess ill be making a tubing corral to keep them where i want them. Thanks for the replies, always welcome more if anybody has any other tricks.

I have also used fishing line from one end of the tank to the other at the back and my giant duckweed stayed behind it and out of the way.

Suction cups and a piece of cotton at the water level.
6B133A70-6543-40ED-84F2-FD974FEEB431.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back