Freshwater stingrays

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
A couple of days ago Davy asked if i had ever kept Freshwater Stingrays ...........well just to let you all know i will be setting up a Stingray and Arrowana tank in the next few weeks as i have a spare 60x24x18 tank lying around empty at the mo :D

The Stingrays will be hopefully arriving in 14-28 days depending on availability and they will be the Potamotrygon leopoldi or Black ray(Polkadot) variety which are apparently not too difficult for the novice Ray keeper to start off with and i shall hopefully progress to some more difficult species in the future :D

The reason for housing them with Silver Arrowana is that most Ray keepers seem to house these fish together so i will give it a go and see if it works for me lol

Apparently they love to be hand fed so this will be alot of fun as i already hand feed alot of my fish already and this can be very rewarding to get so close to your fish :D

Well after doing much research into the keeping of these fish in the aquarium and in the light of recent events (see special announcment) i have reluctantly decided against keeping these fish for the time being as i would need to set up another large tank and at the moment that is not an option :(

I will however in the future be giving this idea more thought and as and when finances, space etc allow i shall be following up my intentions of keeping freshwater stingrays :D

Pete ~ arrowanas £25 each. and my fav' giant snake heads £3.50(I'm still a bit dubious about the price though) ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back