Freshwater Shrimps

maskedrainbow

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi everyone...
I was just wondering if anybody ownes/has owened these and if they can give me any advise. My mum wants some and i think they would be a pretty cool idea.
I'm already an experienced fish owner, i just know nothing about these little guys....
can i put them in a tropical tank with gold sucking loachs/feather fin catfish...or would it be advisable to buy a small glass tank.
are they more cold water than tropical, or do they need heat?..

also any links to any informative sites would be gratly appreatiated. I'm reading up before buying here.

Look around the forum. There are dozens of threads on all different kinds of shrimp in here. :)

well ideally bumble bee shrimp, because i know for a fact that i can get hold of them...and ive seen them so i know kinda what they look like

maskedrainbow said:
well ideally bumble bee shrimp, because i know for a fact that i can get hold of them...and ive seen them so i know kinda what they look like
I have three of these, they hid most of the day in my plants and only seem to come out at night after I turn the lights off. They do a good job scouring the substrae for food :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back