Freshwater Ph Nitrate Nitrite And Ammonia Kit ... Is It Good?

CroNiC

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 25, 2005
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Here is the kit i bought. It is unopened and always returnable (but dont want to :P ) Here is a pic of the kit i bought. Do you guys think it should be ok in my tank ... read my profile to know the fish. I have a whisper 30 and my temp is on 78-79. I hope this is good. Just checking.

The picture:

 
I just opened it and used it and a it is real good. My ph is 7.2 ... tat is fine for my fish in my tank (listed in my profile) i hope -_-
 
pH really isn't that important in most cases. It just tends to get the most attention because everyone knows about it, even before getting into fish. With pH, the big things you want to watch for is dramatic swings in your pH, ans they are very stressful. Also, if your pH changes over the course of a week, or the pH out of your tap is different than what it is in your tank, then you have a low KH (buffering capasity) and need to be careful of larger water changes.
 
K but i know nitrate and nitrite and ammonia is important and the kit comes with it also so ill be measuiring these soon.
 
I think if you took a poll, you would find that the API kit that you have is hands down the most common among members of this forum. It's also what I have.
 
I have the same one, its amazing, and it tells you what everything means, and how to fix things. Just make sure to wash the tubes out right away when you're done with them.
 
Just make sure to wash the tubes out right away when you're done with them.
True as I have had the nitrate test stain them when a tube got knocked over and rolled out of site.
 
Good starter kit to play with. When you run out of the most used test, get yourself some Tetra tests for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Those are probably the most commonly used tests. You get more tests for your money when you buy the individual test kits. Also, the Tetra brand test color charts are water proof :)
 
The color charts for this kit are water proof also, unless they changed them from when I got it
 
Well i tested everythiung and my results are:
PH- 7.2
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0 pmm
Nitrate - 10 pmm

If you read my sig at the bottom it tells you what fish i am planning to get for my 30 gal. Will this be fine for the fish that are soon coming?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top