FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Liam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
bl3.jpg

bl1.jpg

bl4.jpg

I got a couple of these little guys a few months ago, interesting little guys and good snail eaters.
There is one in the plants under the shrimp which gives an idea of how samll they are.
Fishbase lists them as brackish while fishprofiles list them as freshwater. I have kept them in fresh
since I got them and the LFS told me they were fresh water which is what they kept them in. They
are doing fine anyway.

The feedback is much appreciated, thanks. If anyone else has kept these I would be interested to hear your experiences.
I guess not many people keep them.
Another pic.
blenny.jpg

Wow well done for fnding thoes!
They are quite rare, I diddent know that they had been imported into the UK before, I thought it was just Germany.
What are they eating?

Wow well done for fnding thoes!
They are quite rare, I diddent know that they had been imported into the UK before, I thought it was just Germany.

Worth taking a look at the order forms in 2weeks time I think mate.

Brilliant pictures as always Liam :good:

They look so small, I think even smaller than my Dwarf Puffers, so cute :wub: :wub:

Thanks everyone, they are interesting little fish moving about a bit like seahorses. The shrimp is a big female the fish are about 5 cm long. One of them is bigger and stays dark all the time its stripes are barely visible, I think it may be a female as they others are always coming close to her ‘cave’

I think they cost £7 or thereabouts.
I got them in Wholesale Tropicals in London, they were labelled blenidae sp. The only dead food I have got them to eat are mussels and even those I had to attach to a string and move before they were tempted. They seem to rely on their eyesight most of all, they eat anything live that can fit in their mouths, I have a pond so there is lots of food for them they like aquatic woodlice and love bloodworms. They eat small snails they watch them until they come out of the shell then grab and shake them until they get the snail out. They can fade their colours and are fairly territorial with a pecking order. I have them with other small fish in the beginning they would snap at the others but they don’t anymore I guess they realise they cant eat them. They stay close to cover all the time and have found crevices in the wood where they hide out and sleep. I assume they would be suffering by now if they needed brackish.

Last pic, thanks so much for the responses much appreciated.

blll.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back