Fresh Water For My Tank

Annalou

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a nice fast flowing stream at the bottom of my garden (comes from a spring a couple of miles up the road) The stream bed is stones/gravel and I have seen a couple of brown trout swimming in it. Can I use this water to fill my new tank?

Thanks
Anna

i wouldnt do it if i were you, god knows whats in it.
Drunk mens wee, spit, rubbish.
Well i just wouldnt, whats wrong with treated tap water? :unsure:

Well that water may be clear and all. I wouldn't chance using it for a fish tank. Lots of weird things could be in there that could cause your fish harm. Tap water would work just fine. :nod:

Hi All,
I have a nice fast flowing stream at the bottom of my garden (comes from a spring a couple of miles up the road) The stream bed is stones/gravel and I have seen a couple of brown trout swimming in it. Can I use this water to fill my new tank?

Thanks
Anna
boil the rocks if you want them and they should be ok. However never try keeping a brown-brook-rainbow trout in a tnk unless you have a lot of room and a pump running water fast enough for Oprah's ass to stay in uncle Phils tank.???!!/ what did I meen??

righty ho, I wont bother with the stream water, will stick with the tapsafe. Thanks for your advice. Annalou

that ok, glad to help a fishkeeper. :good:
thats the spirit stick with the tapsafe. :D
good luck with your future fishkeeping :fish: :fish: :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Back