Freeze Dried Fish Food

Fishy_7

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex, UK
I have a tank with a pair of Apritograms and a Ram. As people will know =, they do not really accept flake food. Therefore I feed them frozen food as well as Freeze dried bloodworm and daphnia. However, on the containers of the freeze dried bloodworm - it notes "Feed sparingly and use as a balanced diet". I tend to feed them with this stuff 4-5 times a week.

Is that bad??
 
I fed my fish blood worms quite regularly and never had any problems. Eventually you can ween rams and apistos on flakes
 
Feeding to many blood worms can make fish bloat up.
Also freeze dried foods can cause swim bladder problems.
 
How do you "train" fish to take fiakes or other prepared food? Mine eat it, then spit out and it is left all over the substrate.
 
When I am trying to get a fish to eat a new food, I simply don't feed for 2 days and on the third day I try the new food. Sometimes they eat it and sometimes they don't. Not all fish should be fed exclusively flakes.

Truck has the idea. The foods he suggested can easily be found at a supermarket (well, except for the mysis and that can be found in a LFS.)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top