The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagggon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Took him to the country club and let him and two of my male convicts out into one of the huge ponds there on the golf course. I think it was the best option and or only option at that point considering none of the LFS's would take them due to their size.

The pond is huge, the size of half a football field and when let loose the fish swam right into the depths so I think they will do alright. :good:

Man, don't mess around with environments. They aren't suppost to be wild in Texas.

thats totaly agianst the law. :eek: you can get fined hundreds for that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i wouldnt say you did that to anybody. the law says you cant release non-native fish into the water.

lol thats ridiculous, its a golfcourse pond, stop being nutty...

You shouldnt release non indiginous species into waters. It can and has decimated native species all over the world from people doing stupid things like that. It doesnt matter if its a golf course lake, pond or puddle its positively stupid and against the law in most countries.

When I first read this I thought the OP must be an internet troll. Then I saw his post count.

Not a troll. Just stupid. :X

Why did you buy the bloody thing if you couldn't keep it?

That shovel nose is probably kicking the crap out of everything in that pond :blink:

I respect yalls environment concern, however when its a huge golfcourse pond that has nothing in it other than perhaps a few hundred frogs and some water insects, theres no reason to go all bloody harry on me, its not like theres endangered trout in their or something that my fish are gona wreak havoc on.

Are you people really under the INSANE AND COMPLETLEY UN-REAL idea that EVERY single person who buys fish for an aquarium follows the "fanatical fish communities sanctioned methods of removal"? The answer is probably around 3% of fish owners actually spend the 5-10$ in gas money to take their fish all the way across town to a fish store. Im sorry but when I tell people "yea these guys on net get all mad when i tell em that i let my fish go in this huge pond with insects galore that it drives em nuts and they say im an evil person" their like whoa those ppl are nuts...

I respect yalls environment concern, however when its a huge golfcourse pond that has nothing in it other than perhaps a few hundred frogs and some water insects, theres no reason to go all bloody harry on me, its not like theres endangered trout in their or something that my fish are gona wreak havoc on.

Are you people really under the INSANE AND COMPLETLEY UN-REAL idea that EVERY single person who buys fish for an aquarium follows the "fanatical fish communities sanctioned methods of removal"? The answer is probably around 3% of fish owners actually spend the 5-10$ in gas money to take their fish all the way across town to a fish store. Im sorry but when I tell people "yea these guys on net get all mad when i tell em that i let my fish go in this huge pond with insects galore that it drives em nuts and they say im an evil person" their like whoa those ppl are nuts...

These people are not insane. Why do you think it's against the law? They don't make laws for no reason. Thier a non native species, that means that they don't belong in the area that you released them. Now they can possibly breed, spread in numbers to other bodies of water, and kill off native species. Not only that they can spread all kinds of diseases to the native species. This has happened countless times, and it usually ends with native species becoming endangered. The person releasing them always ignores the laws and thinks nothing bad will come of thier actions. Stupidity is all it is. Hopefully next time you'll get slapped with a hefty fine, maybe then you'll learn.

It's 2 male convicts, and a single catfish.. no breeding going to happen there..

I do agree though that releasing them wasn't a good idea... why buy a fish you cant keep and cant get rid of?

Wow wouldnt it have been easier to research these fish before you bought them. Releasing them to the wild is not right. Im originnaly from michigan and remember countless times reading of people catching pihranha in the middle of lake michigan. and thats ok? Yes it was just a golf course pond but still an ecosystem none the less. which has been virtually destroyed by another person who cannot research before they buy...

These people are not insane. Why do you think it's against the law? They don't make laws for no reason. Thier a non native species, that means that they don't belong in the area that you released them. Now they can possibly breed, spread in numbers to other bodies of water, and kill off native species. Not only that they can spread all kinds of diseases to the native species. This has happened countless times, and it usually ends with native species becoming endangered. The person releasing them always ignores the laws and thinks nothing bad will come of thier actions. Stupidity is all it is. Hopefully next time you'll get slapped with a hefty fine, maybe then you'll learn.

Great post.

This is also the reason certain fish are banned from certain states. Perhaps if this happens too often, they will ban all aquariums to save the native fish population.

What happens when the insects and frogs travel to another lake? Then to the next lake?

It can decimate native fish and amphibians with no hope for recovery.

Look at what has happened in Florida with cichlids. The Great Lakes with Zebra Mussels and Gobies...There's hundreds of accounts of this happening. It's not as stupid as you and your friends think. Do some research.

This was a dumb thing to do. How you can expect to come onto a fish forum where people love fish and expect any reaction other than the one you received is beyond me.

lol thats ridiculous, its a golfcourse pond, stop being nutty...
you have no idea dude what that can do to the environment. letting an astro snail in a koi pond in indiana could do damage alone. the eggs could get taken somewhere else, the thing would spread, and destroy the environment.

even though you couldn't find anyone to take them you could put something into the paper or find somone with a koi pond. but that was probably the WORST option (besides them dying).

I do agree with one of the previous poster in almost finding it humorous that you got the reaction that you did. This is a forum for people who love fish; obviously, considering we spend countless hours on this forum researching and learning more and more about fish. Maybe if you're not willing to treat fish with a certain level of respect, you possibly need to think about finding a new hobby and forum.

I live in Michigan and I thank stupid people every time I step on a zebra muscle and cut my toe because thanks to them, those devil things are here... (certain level of sarcasm here)
:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back