Fragile tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

L

lewis

i bought 5 tetras and they all die in about an hour :sly: they suck do they need certain temp or they just wimpy fish

what temp do u have the water and what is the nitrate reading and so on

I dont know which tetras you are talking about. But I have 10 neon tetras and they are in not the most ideal water conditions at the moment. Ammonia is 0 but nitrite is going back up due to a half tank gravel change so it's doing a mini cycle again. All tetras are fine and so are all the other fishes which are very delicate to water changes. I just keep changing 20% of the water every other day or so to relief them

make sure you leave the bag with the tetras in it for abought 40 minutes. I usually leave it for an hour maybea bit more, and add a bit of water from the aquarium to the bag every 10 mins or so. This will get the fishes used to the different ph and water temps. If you just put them in the aquarium from the bag they are going to suffer maybe die.

There must have been something seriously wrong with your tank to kill your fish within an hour :unsure: :blink: what are its parameters and how old is it. I find tetras easy to look after and haven't had any problems. It can't have been disease or parasites as they don't kill that quickly. As I said there must be something very badly wrong with your tank

Have you kept fish for long because if you have then i think you should be banned from keeping fish. Most tetras are easy to keep but to kill then in an hour you must have done something very wrong or there is something extreamly wrong with your tank.

how did you get them in? did you float the bag and for how long? what is your water like? what is the temp in ur tank?

[email protected]

i now have 2 black tetrs and they seem to be tough fish they survived multiple tank changes and temerature fluxuations

I've had my 3 black phantoms for a week now and I like em a lot!! they don't suck.... what kind of tetras were they there is a lot of different kinds...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back