Four Line(d) Pimelodus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Does anyone have info/experience/tips on keeping four line(d) pimelodus catfish? I saw one in my LFS the other week and I think my heart actually stopped. They're absolutely adorable. This is really more of a "one day" daydream thing than something I'd like to get in the near future, but if anyone has any info on keeping them I'd love to know. I've got a few specific questions, but anything is appreciated.

Are they aggressive?
What sort of tank size do they need? (Measurements + Capacity)
Are they hardy fish?
Are they prone to disease? (e.g like clown loaches are prone to ICH)

Thanks in advance!

Pimelodus blochii This is not a small fish, attaining 350 mm (13.8 inches), so it needs a spacious tank, 120-150 cm minimum length to provide adequate swimming space. Although Pimelodus species are generally shoaling in nature, requiring a group, this species is said to be fine on its own. You will find more info on Planet Catfish.

Pimelodus blochii • Pimelodidae • Cat-eLog (planetcatfish.com)

Pimelodus blochii This is not a small fish, attaining 350 mm (13.8 inches), so it needs a spacious tank, 120-150 cm minimum length to provide adequate swimming space. Although Pimelodus species are generally shoaling in nature, requiring a group, this species is said to be fine on its own. You will find more info on Planet Catfish.

Pimelodus blochii • Pimelodidae • Cat-eLog (planetcatfish.com)
Thank you!!

The one in the shop is £35!! Online they're only about £5, but the postage would be astronomical as always. That's really the only thing keeping me away. But... they sound more and more appealing the more I look at them!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back