Forum Newbie

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I think the Airapaima is native to South America but not positive about that. That guy Jeremy Wade on River Monsters got knocked out by one in an episode of that show and he said it's the only fish he's afraid of.
What @aquaplegic says about invasive species and environmental disasters might be referring to this monster.

I think the Airapaima is native to South America but not positive about that. That guy Jeremy Wade on River Monsters got knocked out by one in an episode of that show and he said it's the only fish he's afraid of.
What @aquaplegic says about invasive species and environmental disasters might be referring to this monster.

Yup. It is from South America. Definitely invasive here in the Philippines if that was caught in the wild. The common pleco, Hypostomus plecostomus, is another problematic invasive species in our rivers.

Yup. It is from South America. Definitely invasive here in the Philippines if that was caught in the wild. The common pleco, Hypostomus plecostomus, is another problematic invasive species in our rivers.
I saw a picture online of the pleco in a river. The entire bottom of the river had pleco covering it. Just because some idiot decided his male and female got to big for his tank. It’s almost sad. :(

Is an irresponsible fish hobbyist the same as a litterbug or a logger clear cutting rain forests ? Some fish are destroying entire ecosystems.
Yes they are. There are so many other animals (Ball python just for an example) have destroyed so much life and invaded so much property, we will never get them under control again.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back