Forum Newbie

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aquaplegic

Reaction score
Just dropping a note to say hi to everyone as I'm new to the forums. Not that new to fishkeeping, as I've maintained multiple tanks over the years, but had to give most of them up when I moved out of our house. I'm looking to get back now and try some new stuff like keeping planted tanks, so will definitely be asking for feedback on different sections of the forums!

:fish::hi::fish:. Look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

If you have any questions that are fish related, please feel free to ask! I hope to see you around! :fish: :fish:

Welcome to the forum! :fish::hi::fish:

I see that you are in Manila Phillipines. They are very fish serious over there. You might be able to show us some pictures of fish shops and fish dealers over there that would really amaze us.
A most rousing welcome to you !

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I see that you are in Manila Phillipines. They are very fish serious over there. You might be able to show us some pictures of fish shops and fish dealers over there that would really amaze us.
A most rousing welcome to you !

There are some really serious fishkeepers here. A lot of people into monster fish and of course, saltwater. Some of the reef tanks folks maintain over here are really colorful! Let's see if I can get some shots from some of my friends' tanks and share those.

I saw a picture somewhere once of a tropical fish store in the Phillipines that had an Arowana that was huge beyond belief. I never even knew they got that big. Really looking forward to hearing from you.

I saw a picture somewhere once of a tropical fish store in the Phillipines that had an Arowana that was huge beyond belief. I never even knew they got that big. Really looking forward to hearing from you.
I think I’ve seen that picture to! Crazy!

(From Pinterest.com.....)
4667D824-4BD7-4A84-B2F5-EFB20B6965BC.jpeg

Now THATS a big fish! I saw a Silver Arowana at my LFS that was only 5 inches long! Soon it’s going to be a couple of feet long! :eek:

Now I'm curious to find out where exactly that is. Imagine being able to swim alongside those monsters.

Hopefully it doesn't get out of whatever pen or pond it's currently in. We've had a number of environmental disasters already with local aquatic life being crowded out by invasive species.

Now I'm curious to find out where exactly that is. Imagine being able to swim alongside those monsters.

Hopefully it doesn't get out of whatever pen or pond it's currently in. We've had a number of environmental disasters already with local aquatic life being crowded out by invasive species.
It was caught wild in the Philippines, then released.

(And why did you call me a “gigas”?)

Oh, I looked it up and I found this! Lololol :lol:

Gigas is a popular term for races of giants in fantasy games. Gigas is a Greek word meaning "giant", originally used to describe the race of Gigantes in Greek mythology and is used in the scientific name, as the specific epithet, of hundreds species of animals and dozens of plant species to denote their size.”

(Provide by Google.)

When you called me a “gigas” I thought you where were referring to that ^. Lol)

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back